No announcement yet.

Jerry collins and wife die in car crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awful news, RIP and best wishes to the small one.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Very sad. RIP and hope for the best for their daughter.

Comment

That is terrible. Life can be so cruel. RIP to him & his wife and I hope the little one recovers.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

What sad news. Tremendous player and by all accounts a good egg all round. I hope the little one pulls through.

Without being glib, it really does put things into perspective. As we draw those last breaths, we'll be thinking of the love, the family, the friends, and the joyous times.

Everything else really is inconsequential.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Awful RIP

Comment

What a player he was and top bloke by all accounts.

My thoughts are with his family and of course his poor child.

Comment

Appallingly tragic. Nothing that ever happens on the rugby field can come even remotely close in terms of this. Definitely time for some reality checking and perspective about what's important in life. RIP.
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  I remember him years ago turning out for Newton Abbot in Devon and playing for their 2's because someone asked him in a cafe. He wore the club socks with the Baa Baas the week after.
                  http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/n...gbyunion.sport
                  Here is the story and a great one it is as well. RIP Jerry Collins.
                  Last edited by the plastic paddy; 5th-June-2015, 11:39.

Comment

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Beast of a man, RIP

The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                      Gwan the Welsh

Comment

Tragic is the only word for this. Heartbreaking to think of the poor child that's left behind too.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Desperately sad. RIP Jerry, and your wife too. I hope the little one pulls through. All of NZ will look after her.

Comment

Desperate to see a family ripped apart like that. Hope the child can make a full recovery.
                            Jerry was a great player, unreal strength.
                            Rip to him and his wife.
                            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

One of the iconic stars of rugby in the noughties. RIP.

Comment

Awful tragic news, condolences to all their families. Put's other stuff into context.

Comment

Working...
                                X