Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuilagi the younger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tuilagi the younger

    What they are saying about Manu up north.

    http://threethousandversts.blogspot....and-judge.html
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

    Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

    #2
    I was talking to a guy this morning, A Tigers Fan, he was not only surprised at the leniency of the outcome but also he was concerned that going forward not only has he not learnt a lesson but has been given the Green light to carry on.He was not happy that this thuggery is creeping into Rugby. He fears he will be forced away from a game he hsa played and loved most of his life.
    very sad.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

    Comment


      #3
      A lot of people reckon he's just another Baseraud-esque figure on a long production line of juggernauts coming out of the southern hemisphere.

      I disagree.

      Cards on the table, what he did to Ashton was nothing short of assault and as such should have warranted a 6 month ban at the very minimum. However, not one person here can deny that it was somewhat satisfying seeing Ashton get his! But anyway, that incident has come and gone...lets leave it to RFU to wallow in, clowns that they are. Or in the words of Will Carling, 54 old farts!

      As for what he did to Wally, no one here can accuse him of foul play or illegal tackling. In my opinion, he hit Wally hard and fair and unfortunately the great David Wallace landed awkwardly. Its a permanent risk in rugby, like it or not. Personally speaking, Im gutted for Wally but in the end of the day, contrary to what many pub experts reckon, he was not a victim of foul play...just a very freakishly strong hit.

      However, I think Manu is different from the juggernauts we have seen over the recent years e.g. Vanakolo, Hacksaw Sam, Bastaraud and yes, Allesandro Tualagi. (Forgive the spelling! )

      He showed his ability to run lines against Ireland when he came at Earls, sidestepped and ran AROUND him rather than the traditional southern hemisphere approach of through him. He has shown an ability for such agility in the Premier-S H I T in England as well which has surpassed his brothers "charging bull" approach.

      Anyway, sermon over. He is not on the same par as BOD, Jauzion or Conrad Smith in terms of agility but I feel he is showing a lot more potential to develop into a more rounded player than he is being given credit for. His main problem will be discipline I think as we very clearly saw in the Ashton incident. Couple that with Martin Johnson's influence, if he doesnt control his temper, it will ruin him.

      Remember, BOD wont be around next Lions, he could provide much needed raw strength and finishing!
      Last edited by DJLethal173; 16th-September-2011, 10:21.
      "The Munster fans are probably the best fans in Europe in any sport" - John Hayes. 26/12/2011 after his last ever match.

      Comment


        #4
        Hes a damn fine player as is his brother Alesana(who I have money on to be the top try scorer in the group stages)..
        What Ireland wouldn't give to have line breakers like them...Anyone who thinks the wallace hit was illegal would wan't to take off the green glasses for a second. He is however a thug, not quite courtney lawes level yet but Johnston is working on him.

        Comment


          #5
          Pixie,

          "surprised at the leniency of the outcome "

          The RFU discplinary panel seemed to have greater regard for England's prospects at the world cup than dishing out an appropriate sentence.

          DJLethal173,

          I agree, looks to be the best of the 6 brothers and has potential to be a real star of the tournament. Obviously very disappointing he didnt declare for the country of his birth.


          Thorns,

          Did you bet on Alesana before the start? What odds? And he's likely to get scores in the difficult against Wales and South Africa .
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

          Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

          Comment


            #6
            6/1......manu will do well to better alesana. Wales backs will not stop him. Samoa's back play is get the ball to him, the coach even alluded to it!

            Comment


              #7
              The young Manboy got a cracker today, short pass from Flood went in untouched by human hand from the 22, similar to the one he got against Wales at Twickers in the warm-up game, he knows where the whitewash is.

              Comment


                #8
                Yes, whereas big brother Alesana looked like he has been on the pies today - very disapponting.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Here is a fabulous pass from Dan Bowden, quick hands and awareness from the threat of Tuilagi..... Because Tuilagi does nail him...

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mREIC...layer_embedded
                  He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Big bro Alex off to Japan, strange move for a high profile player would have thought there was much better on offer to him from France.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
                      Here is a fabulous pass from Dan Bowden, quick hands and awareness from the threat of Tuilagi..... Because Tuilagi does nail him...

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mREIC...layer_embedded
                      just saw this, as usual no arms in the tackle from a Tuillagi

                      Comment


                        #12
                        He would have lost alot of credit in the AP final aswell- in my opinion he quite possibly cost Leicester the game by overrunning an insane amount of passes and throwing a fair few forward himself aswell, and threw in a few knockons for good measure. A huge percentage of their attacking ball faltered because of him.. He's a fairly exciting player with alot of potential, so you'd them to work on him more than they would on others. On the discipline side, you'd wonder if the same will cost england tomorrow, because the Saffers will know to target him and wind him up.
                        Last edited by thepunter; 8th-June-2012, 23:00.
                        Wizened Rugby-Betting tin-foil-hat bearers
                        dropkickrugby.com/forum

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by thepunter View Post
                          He would have lost alot of credit in the AP final aswell- in my opinion he quite possibly cost Leicester the game by overrunning an insane amount of passes and throwing a fair few forward himself aswell, and threw in a few knockons for good measure. A huge percentage of their attacking ball faltered because of him.. He's a fairly exciting player with alot of potential, so you'd them to work on him more than they would on others. On the discipline side, you'd wonder if the same will cost england tomorrow, because the Saffers will know to target him and wind him up.
                          Is he turning into an 'anglo saxon' bastereaud? Looks to look more and more like he needs a fecking good gallop everytime I see him and the injuries seem to be mounting up a bit as well, shame!?!:_****happens__rvmp_

                          Comment


                            #14
                            In terms of injuries you have to speculate that big that young and the pressure that puts on joints. To which people will talk about naturally bigger islanders but he's very big this young, natural progression could add another 14-25lbs by mid 20s, meaning he'd be gigantic. He's perfect for English rugby though, a big unit with enough pace to smash into people all day long. English midfield play in a nutshell - probably why thinking outside the box, e.g. JSD at centre, never worked out.
                            \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                              In terms of injuries you have to speculate that big that young and the pressure that puts on joints. To which people will talk about naturally bigger islanders but he's very big this young, natural progression could add another 14-25lbs by mid 20s, meaning he'd be gigantic. He's perfect for English rugby though, a big unit with enough pace to smash into people all day long. English midfield play in a nutshell - probably why thinking outside the box, e.g. JSD at centre, never worked out.
                              the one thing I'll give him is that he makes it ove the gainline 9 times out of ten, the problem is though that at least 3 out of those 9 times he should be going wide, but he doesnt have the distribution.
                              Wizened Rugby-Betting tin-foil-hat bearers
                              dropkickrugby.com/forum

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X