Rugby World Cup - Ireland V France

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby World Cup - Ireland V France

Lads any advice for accommodation for the above , for the finals i always stayed in cardiff but too expensive at the moment. Is it far to travel from Bristol and does anyone know any accommodation in Bristol ?

Just do a search for Bristol mac. Plenty of threads.

Here's a couple

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/2...hlight=Bristol

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/8...hlight=Bristol
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Bath is only 20 minutes further away than Bristol, an hour to Cardiff on the train, and a lovely spot. World heritage sight iirc.

Comment

The Mumbles is another option, short trip out the coast by train into deeper Walesia.
        Last edited by ustix; 12th-February-2015, 19:38.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

For the 2008 HEC Final stayed in a village called Alveston,Gloucester just over the bridge-Alveston House Hotel. Small hotel but quite OK. We had a car. Don't know what public transport to Cardiff is like if you haven't.
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Newport is another option. I believe only 20 odd minutes on frequently run trains. Doable in a taxi even. Staying just outside there for the ire v Fra match. 76 euro for two nights

Comment

I stayed at a Holiday Inn or Premier Inn, can't quite remember, one International weekend off the motorway near Bridgend. Not a bad run to Cardiff and very cheap.
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by fullback15 View Post
                Newport is another option. I believe only 20 odd minutes on frequently run trains. Doable in a taxi even. Staying just outside there for the ire v Fra match. 76 euro for two nights
                A poor option

Comment

I havnt booked the flights yet but im thinking Bristol is the best option ?

Comment

Have you checked Airbnb? I've never used it but might be a good option
                    Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Comment

Whilst I think there are plenty of options away from Cardiff, Mac, the game kicks off at 4.45 on a sunday and don't believe the brains trust that 'runs' the UK's transport network wouldn't have train engineering work scheduled for that weekend or close the M4; I would put little past them!!!! Cardiff is notoriously difficult to get away from after games and a lot of Irish supporters will be heading back up to London on the train which goes to Bristol, Bath etc so it could be chaos.

Comment

TPP is dead right on this score - went to the 2007 WC Q Final between France and NZ and stayed in Bristol . The game started at 8 - the last train to Bristol was 9:45 ! First Great Western are a bunch of dicks who don't give a shyte about the rugby fans - they also reduced the amount of carriages on the trains into Cardiff from 8 to 2 - was like a third world railway journey . anyway , we got lucky because we chanced across the bus station and there was a 1 am bus to Bristol and got that - was about a tenner . It was practically all Munster on the bus and and everyone else had pre booked months before so that's something you should look into definitely . Good luck - wish I had a ticket !

Comment

Have speculative room booked in one of the premier inns in Bristol. Stayed there before for hec finals.
                          The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Working...
                          X