No announcement yet.

Sexton Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nausea for the past 4 weeks, could he be pregnant? :)
    I am the million man.

Comment

So the French medics are instigating this and they could have made him unavailable for Ireland v France. Interesting situation

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
        So the French medics are instigating this and they could have made him unavailable for Ireland v France. Interesting situation
        Who is paying these medics?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
          Who is paying these medics?
          From what I heard on the radio the French Union, but I haven't confirmed the accuracy of that

Comment

Bizarre situation. I haven't heard of someone out so long after a head injury. Must have been bad
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Saying it is his fourth concussion in twelve months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                Has be missed any periods?
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Could see more of these situations. Ben Afeaki the Waikato Chiefs prop is fighting to save his career due to similar symptoms. http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugb...decide-future/

Comment

Now Midi Olympique is saying that Sexton will be fit to face Toulouse on Sunday week.

Comment

The french take concussion very seriously. 3 in a calender year is an automatic 3 month layoff, regardless of the level.

Glad to see it's been taken seriously, hope JS will be ok.

Comment

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...gara-1.2043843

Ireland outhalf Johnny Sexton has suffered headaches while running and passing during some training sessions according to Racing Metro assistant coach Ronan O’Gara. Sexton suffered a concussion during Ireland’s autumn international victory over Australia in November and has been advised to rest for 12 weeks by Parisian neurologist Dr Jean-Francois Cherman, meaning he will miss the start of Ireland’s Six Nations championship defence against Italy.
                        Sexton’s injury, ironically, came from a clash with team-mate Rob Kearney. He had also suffered a knock to the head in the warm-up to the Wallabies games and he has struggled in training sessions ever since.
                        “At this stage he’s not anywhere near returning to play anyway, in terms of he has headaches passing a ball and running, so that’s not a good sign ,” said O’Gara. “It’s in everyone’s interests, particularly us as coaches, to make sure everything is right before he even contemplates going back on a pitch.
                        “I think one in three sessions is troublesome at the minute, he does two or three sessions of no symptoms but without doing contact that would obviously worry you.
                        “So you’d have to feel he has a substantial way to go before he’s even contemplating even hitting a tackle shield.”
                        O’Gara also alluded to the current prevalence of the issue of head injuries in France.
                        “It’s just important obviously, it’s very topical in France at the minute in the Top 14. There’s people doing road tours of I suppose concussion, not to say victims but cases, and some of the stories we have witnessed have been hugely frightening.
                        “I think Johnny got to see them so he’s making sure that he doesn’t fall into any of those traps of trying to return too early to play and cause himself long-term damage.”
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Saying it is his fourth concussion in twelve months.
                          craig clarke territory
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Quite a serious injury. I hope he will be ok. More than a career at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              he had the attitude alright.

Comment

In the Canadian Football League..kind of the Pro12 League of professional American style Footba ll, a highly talented running back, John Cornish, suffered a few 'minor' concussions. The cumulative effect of these led to a much more serious level of damage and he eventually spent several months recovering. I'm sure we have all played with people that suffered several noggin knocks and eventually they had to stop. I had the experience of watching one such unfortunate player going into convulsions on the field; it ended his rugby career but fortunately it did t ruin his life.
                                Concussive injury is very serious and needs to be monitored very carefully; rugby is less important than health. I wish JS a safe and full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X