Jack Kyle RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Kyle RIP

The great man's passing has just been anounced by RTÉ.

Here.
    If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Rip. Farewell sir
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Some man for one man. Sad day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30244021

When he retired from the sport, Dr Jack Kyle took up a post as a surgeon in Indonesia in 1962.
      After a couple of years he moved to Zambia, working in the copper mining area of Chingola.
      For years, Kyle was the only surgeon at Nchanga South Hospital where he is still remembered as a man who saved thousands of lives.
      In a BBC documentary, Kyle recalled: "There was this new condition called Aids which attacked the immune system and it caused a lot of problems.
      "In the 1990s, up to 80% of the people in the surgical wards I looked after were HIV positive."
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

RIP big man.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

A great man, a great life lived.

RIP

Comment

After scoring a for Ireland against France in Ravenhill in 1953 one journalist wrote;

They seek him here, they seek him there
              Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
              That paragon of pace and guile,
              That damned elusive Jackie Kyle.

RIP Dr. Jack Kyle
              He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

What a life lived. RIP Jack Kyle.

Comment

Met him once in the lift of the Burlo just before a game a couple of years back. I was a bit star struck and mumbled something about what an honour it was to meet him. He responded by thanking me modestly and chatting to me about the game ahead all the way to the exit, even introducing me to some of his friends in the lobby. He was an absolute gentleman.

Comment

A genuine legend.......Not the kind of man you would meet every day.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Very sad to learn of this.

My late father reckoned he was Ireland's greatest player.

I only heard a radio interview with him last week. He came across as a really modest man in any interviews that I saw of him.

The photo of him with BOD in Cardiff is a great one.

I expect his passing will be marked respectfully at TP tonight.

May he Rest In Peace.

Comment

The world is poorer for his passing. Never had the honour of meeting him, but from everything I saw and heard of the man, it's clear that that is exactly what it would have been - an honour. We've lost not only a great of Irish rugby but a great Irishman.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Don't normally post on RIP threads, but as above my Dad always reckoned he was Ireland's greatest, he (my Dad) took the train up to Belfast in '48 to see him and Ireland win the Grand Slam.

RIP
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Should be marked with a minute's applause tonight before the game as opposed to a minute's silence. I feel like a minute's silence would be too sombre while the applause would reflect a great life lived by a man who was by all accounts a truly good person.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by refugee View Post
                              Very sad to learn of this.

My late father reckoned he was Ireland's greatest player.

I only heard a radio interview with him last week. He came across as a really modest man in any interviews that I saw of him.

The photo of him with BOD in Cardiff is a great one.

I expect his passing will be marked respectfully at TP tonight.

May he Rest In Peace.
                              https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...dies-1.2018708
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X