Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Simon Zebo being treated unfairly by Joe Schmidt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Simon Zebo being treated unfairly by Joe Schmidt?

There has been a lot of talk about Simon Zebo not performing to his usual world class standards at international level and it begs the question as to why? This is a Lions quality winger who is probably one of the best wingers in the northern hemisphere and yet for Ireland he looks distinctively average.

Joe Schmidt is the main factor in all this in my opinion. From initially dropping him in favour of far inferior players such as D.Kearney, Joe Schmidt has decimated the confidence of a world class winger at test level. Simon Zebo has all the attributes that Schmidt hates in a player, he has flair, he's unpredictable and he's confident bordering on arrogant. In Schmidt's world of predictable set play, Zebo is the odd duck out and by god Schmidt has made him suffer because of it.

Schmidt has done well but I just feel moving forward his position as Irish coach is questionable. The team should be built around the likes of Simon Zebo and if Zebo's lost confidence in Schmidt then it won't be long until our other young guns such as Murray, O'Mahony and Henshaw follow suit.

I have no doubt in my mind that Schmidt has been detrimental to Zebo's development and I worry about Zebo's continuing exposure to such a negative influence at the early stages of his career.

What are your opinions?

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Someone got a deadline?
      "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

That's a serious effort of a post for a WUM.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

I see its raining, so apparently the water charge brigade (**** stirring, free loading, social welfare milking, parasites) are indoors today!
          Last edited by Daithi; 21st-November-2014, 16:55.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Originally posted by PrideandPassion View Post
            Simon Zebo has all the attributes that Schmidt hates in a player, he has flair, he's unpredictable and he's confident bordering on arrogant. In Schmidt's world of predictable set play, Zebo is the odd duck out and by god Schmidt has made him suffer because of it.
            Loads of other brilliant, unpredictable players out there but if the rest of their team mates haven't a bog if someone's going to go haring off on a solo run, they can't be up with them in play to recycle or clear out with the reduced amount of time international rugby gives you before a defender is trying to jackal the ball.
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by Daithi View Post
              I see its raining, so apparently the water charge (trouble making, free loading, social welfare milking parasites) are indoors today!
              Yourself included then!
              "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
                Yourself included then!
                Indeed, us neo-nazi, uber-conservative, capitalist b*******ds, who ironically are hated for paying for the whole show, are indoors too. (too much free water around I suppose )

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Ah cmon joc, you know better than that. It's because Joe hates all things Cork. This is a secret recording of him talking to Peter O'Mahony as the two of them sit in the upgraded facilities at Musgrave Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYL28a0LM_A

He's only saying what we're all thinking.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I think Schmidt actually hates all rugby players, he wants test matches to be decided by who has the better spreadsheet. Mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                      Ah cmon joc, you know better than that. It's because Joe hates all things Cork. This is a secret recording of him talking to Peter O'Mahony as the two of them sit in the upgraded facilities at Musgrave Park.

He's only saying what we're all thinking.
                      Just wait til he starts trying to beat the scrummaging out of the props, then we'll see his true colours...
                      The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Very funny guys but its disappointing to see so little care about the progress of one of our youngest superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by PrideandPassion View Post
                          Very funny guys but its disappointing to see so little care about the progress of one of our youngest superstars.
                          I'm sure he got his manicure this morning
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

I'd hate to imagine the kind of drivel that would have been posted about Zebo had Schmidt not selected him for the last five tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
                              I'd hate to imagine the kind of drivel that would have been posted about Zebo had Schmidt not selected him for the last five tests.
                              If Schmidt hadn't selected him for any of the last five tests, there would have been justifiable criticism. But he did, so there isn't. Except for Mongo above.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X