Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Team for Pacific Islanders

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">
    Strings back on the team will play with Paddy Wallace at out half. Frankie Sheehan has also been included in the starting line up.

15: Girvan Dempsey (Terenure College/Leinster) 68 @@@@/SPAN><br style="font-weight: normal;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">14: Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College/Leinster) 0 @@@@/SPAN><br style="font-weight: normal;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">13: Brian O’Driscoll (Capt) (Blackrock College/Leinster) 69 @@@@/SPAN><br style="font-weight: normal;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">12: Shane Horgan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 50 @@@@/SPAN><br style="font-weight: normal;">@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">11: Denis Hickie (St.Mary’s College/Leinster) 52 @@@@/SPAN>
    10: Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
    9: Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster) 71

1: Bryan Young (Ballymena/Ulster) 4
    2: Frankie Sheahan (Cork Constitution/Munster) 26
    3: John Hayes (Bruff/Munster) 67
    @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">4: Malcolm O’Kelly (St.Mary’s College/Leinster) 82 @@@@/SPAN>
    5: Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 38
    6: Simon Easterby (Llanelli) 51
    7: Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster) 0
    @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: normal;">8: Jamie Heaslip (Clontarf/Leinster) 0 @@@@/SPAN>

Replacements:
    16: Rory Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 6
    17: Simon Best (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 12
    18: Donncha O’Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster) 29
    19: Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster) 16
    20: Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster) 4
    21: Ronan O’Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster) 65
    <str&#111;ng style="font-weight: normal;">22: Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 25[/b]

</font></font>

He is the big boss, so if he wants to create a new thread for something that is already there, he is entitled in my opinion [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Romani ite Domun

Comment

Although it would have been easy to put Boss in as well, 'tis no harm go give Wallace a go outside someone with the experience of Stringer. I assume they'll switch sometime in the second half.

Good too to see the four players making their first start. Hope they take their chance!

Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
      "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by Paddie
        He is the big boss, so if he wants to create a new thread
        for something that is already there, he is entitled in my opinion
        [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
        [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Jaysus what does Poor John Hayes need to do to get a rest for himself

Comment

Originally posted by SpringPOC
            Jaysus what does Poor John Hayes need to do to get a rest for himself

get injured/sick ... I've never seen him missing from a team for any other reason.
            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

The Bull is undestructible[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img].

A pretty experimental team according to EOS standards.

Paddy, you have to go to the middle of the thread to find the info about the team. You have to think about non heavy users who probably won't see it.
              There is nothing in the title of the other thread indicationg that the info is there.

Comment

Been out all day and this is my first chance to look at the team. Suprised he has made so many changes - but not unpleasantly so - good to see EOS finally giving some new players a chance. Hayes does need a rest - but there is nobody to cover for him. Also looking forward to watching Fitzgerald, he looked good at FB in the A game. It's a big step-up I just hope it's not too soon for him, but if you are good enough you are old enough
                Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

nice team generally. Can't understand and am kinda annoyed that hayes is starting. surely this would be the perfect chance to a. rest the bull. b. to find out what the alternatives are. like if mc cormack or best are any good nows the time to find out. not going to get the chance any more

Comment

This emphasizes the importance of the Bull. Overall I think it`s a good experiment (TH aside). If Ferris performs it will finish Gleeson. Also it`s a pity that more of our lads were not released to play the Hairsprays.

Comment

How many games has Hayes played this season? What does the need a rest from?

Comment

If Bull wasn't in, we'd want him back and playing against Ospreys. He doesn't look to me like he needs a rest.

And in Young, Ferris and Heaslip you've got 3 guys out of 8 with little or no experience at international level.

if you want Wallace's run out at 10 to mean anything, you can't mix much more than that into the pack.

I think it's interesting that, if Frankie's throwing holds, he's essentially ensured that the core of the line out will be in place whatever the new guys do.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
                          How many games has Hayes played this season? What does the need a rest from?

In fairness it's not necessarily the amount of games he has played but the amount he has to play over the next ten months. Hopefully he won't have to play more than a half anyway. Also hoping that with the new scrummaging laws and the fact that there will beless scrums in the world cup (france in september should see fewer handling errors) that the thoughtof an injury to the Bullbefore the world cup isn't cause forwidespread panic.

Comment

Good to see some new additions to the starting Irish line up. Hopefully the players will take their opportunity and put in a good team performance.
                            Luke Fitzgerald has really catapulted up the ladder, even more so than Trimble over the last year. Was hoping to see Barry Murphy get a run.....but I can't really argue with the selection, a good mix of new and experienced talent.

Will watch this one with real interest.

Comment

I saw an interview with Hayes the other day saying how much he was enjoying playing, looking forward to all the game time etc etc... it's not up to anyone but him and his respective coaches to decide whether he's too tired to play a match.

Comment

Working...
                              X