Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POM v SOB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    POM v SOB

    Pretty simple.
    Pick.
    Would have POM or SOB?

    There is always the option of playing both of them, but curious to see if people had to pick one over the other who would it be.

    And who would you all line up at:
    6, 7 and 8?
    53
    POM
    26.42%
    14
    SOB
    41.51%
    22
    Both
    30.19%
    16
    Neither (for the ****s and giggles)
    1.89%
    1
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

    Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

    The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

    #2
    Like both but POM shades it for me on 2014 form.

    I know SOB missed a lot of the season
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

    Comment


      #3
      Sob jordi heaslip

      Comment


        #4
        SOB for me and I'd have him at 6. I think he's better in the carry and on the deck but pom's a damn good player too. I'd go SOB at 6, POM at 7 (seeing as we'#ll never have the option of ferris at 6 and sob at 7) and then heaslip at 8. POM's great on the deck and got good hands for linking too.
        The system is dead! Long live the process!

        Comment


          #5
          I think that competition is a good thing. Both of these players would walk on to most other teams around the world.
          I'd go with POM, his lunacy and leadership shades it in my opinion
          Last edited by Stringer9; 7th-June-2014, 16:15.
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

          Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

          The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

          Comment


            #6
            Ah definitely, and if anything it's even better if they're both great but for different things, it gives Schmidt a wider deck to choose from depending on how he wants to play against different teams.
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

            Comment


              #7
              No, it's a poll, it says so on the top.
              The system is dead! Long live the process!

              Comment


                #8
                Henry is more likely to be dropped than SOB. The major debate is between Henry and O'Mahony. O'Mahony gives you a line-out option, turnovers and plenty of carrying. Henry tackles, supports play well and is a nuisance at the ruck. Henry's skills are duplicated by SOB, except that O'Brien is also a destructive carrier and steals more ball at the breakdown. O'Mahony's lineout ability, particularly in defence, is not something any of the other backrowers can replicate. He steals ball in the air and on the ground. Henry doesn't do much of either. So I'd go for O'Mahony.

                Comment


                  #9
                  They'll both be in the 23 when fit but I think in terms of selection it will depend on the game. Heaslip is an automatic pick at 8 in spite of what people here think and the fact he got driven back dramatically tonight. He is simply a class above at 8 and playing anybody else there will be a step down - he executes Joe's game plan perfectly and he has the range of skills that puts him right on the top tier of players in his position. Personally, I would play SOB at 7 and POM at 6, but Joe likes Henry and the value Henry brings to the backrow despite being a bit error-prone today is obvious and Joe is clearly a big fan. I suspect for the November games, all players being fit, Joe will continue with the back row that won the 6 Nations and work from there.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's a crying shame that we'll never again be able to have a "Ferris or POM" poll.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                      They'll both be in the 23 when fit but I think in terms of selection it will depend on the game. Heaslip is an automatic pick at 8 in spite of what people here think and the fact he got driven back dramatically tonight. He is simply a class above at 8 and playing anybody else there will be a step down - he executes Joe's game plan perfectly and he has the range of skills that puts him right on the top tier of players in his position. Personally, I would play SOB at 7 and POM at 6, but Joe likes Henry and the value Henry brings to the backrow despite being a bit error-prone today is obvious and Joe is clearly a big fan. I suspect for the November games, all players being fit, Joe will continue with the back row that won the 6 Nations and work from there.
                      Why was he driven backwards like a rag doll? Why was his very next play dropping an easy catch? Are we badly coached or are the players just crap, little from column A little from column B
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Of course Heaslip will be a nailed on starter, the IRFU are not paying a record amount of money for him to sit in a bench. He is undropable until his contract expires and possibly the next one too.
                        "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by eoghan View Post
                          It's a crying shame that we'll never again be able to have a "Ferris or POM" poll.
                          The Streets - Dry your eyes: http://youtu.be/NHOf3s70w-c
                          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by sewa View Post
                            Why was he driven backwards like a rag doll? Why was his very next play dropping an easy catch? Are we badly coached or are the players just crap, little from column A little from column B
                            I'd say it's a mixture of being crap and not being a real men like the boys from Munster. He probably paints his nails too.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                              I'd say it's a mixture of being crap and not being a real men like the boys from Munster. He probably paints his nails too.
                              Yep, the same colour as his purse.
                              The system is dead! Long live the process!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X