starting 15 for argie tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting 15 for argie tour

who would you have in the starting 15 for the tour this summer. below is not a bad team, mix of a bit of experience and youth.

15: kearney

14: bowe

13: murphy

12: quinlan

11: fitzgearld

10: paddy wallace

9: reddan

8: heaslip

7: jennings

6: quinlan/ferris

5: o kelly

4: hogan

3: best

2: sheean

1: young

word ive heard is that LF is ahead of RK in the ladyboyz management view for fullback,so you might see them swap around...and also,that RK might be on the move this summer....

Also, as I have been saying since last years 6N, big Mals time is gone....sat was just further proof......no point in keeping him around anymore....MOD should prob play,as he was back-up for the 6N...
    Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14

word ive heard is that LF is ahead of RK in the ladyboyz management view for fullback,so you might see them swap around...and also,that 1: RK might be on the move this summer....

Also, as I have been saying since last years 6N, big 2: Mals time is gone....sat was just further proof......no point in keeping him around anymore....MOD should prob play,as he was back-up for the 6N...

1: hopefully down south

2: yea i agree but i still think MOD should be rested with rest of them.

i would still start kearney at full back ahead of fitzgearld

Comment

Would liek to see Trimble in the centre in a green jersey.

MOD would be a ludicrous choice, why he is in the squad is beyond me, Rome showed he simply isn't up to international rugby.

I don't think EOS will be quite as bold as that but ROG, BOD, JH, POC and a few others definitely won't go.
        \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

Kearney, Carney, Trimble, Lewis, Fitzgerald, Wallace, Reddan, Heaslip,
          Jennings, Ferris, Hogan, Cullen, Best, Flannery, Young.

Cullen, Jennings or Flannery to captain the side
          Comment

Ya id pretty much agree with that side DC, flannery should go as he's had little game time this season

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen
              Ya id pretty much agree with that side DC, flannery
              should go as he's had little game time this season
              That was my thinking alright, plus he'd bring some experience to the
              side. There are lots of "club"/provincial caps in the pack, but not too
              many international ones
              Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think Cullen will travel. His form has been decent this year. My crystal ball tells me MOD will be playing in the second row for Ireland.

I would prefer if Young wasn't there. Bit biased but don't rate hime that highly.

One I do rate is Ferris. He's a beast of a young fella with good hands too.
                You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

Originally posted by An Fear Bolg

Unfortunately, I don't think Cullen will
                  travel. His form has been decent this year. My crystal ball tells me
                  MOD will be playing in the second row for Ireland.

I would prefer if Young wasn't there. Bit biased but don't rate hime
                  that highly.

One I do rate is Ferris. He's a beast of a young fella with good
                  hands too.
                  If I could have remembered for sure the name of that young Munster
                  prop (is it Hurley? I know its not Red!) I'd have stuck him in as a
                  Young/whatever.

I think the last few weeks have finally seen MOD take his rightful
                  position beside Richard Costelloe in the "WTF" file. I'd be utterly
                  stunned if he travelled. Having said that I was utterly stunned when
                  munster re-signed him, selected him, O'Sullivan selected him,
                  Capped him so... [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                  Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cahill
                    Having said that I was utterly stunned when
                    munster re-signed him, selected him, O'Sullivan selected him,
                    Capped him so... [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

You and me both, although his form (as distinct from his ability) was excellent last year. Pity when it has fallen away this year, he has been a bit shown up.

All that aside, my crystal ball is infallible, so unlucky Leo.

[BLATANT NAMEDROP] (I once had the pleasure of sharing a bouncy castle with Cullen at his cousin's 21st birthday. He mashed me up against the side of it at one stage. One big dood.) [/BLATANT NAMEDROP]
                    You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

Comment

Fortunately, Costello (and Paul Flavin in the same disaster in 1993) never made it beyond the one cap, unlike MOD.
                      \"This year is different because this year they won\'t beat snow off a rope. They\'ll revert back to type and get 6 shades of s**t bate out of them in the group stages of the HEC ...\" Tobyglen 21 Sept 2010

Comment

I'd forgotten about Flavin...christ he was not good!
                        Comment

A realistic starting 15 is

Murphy,Bowe,Murphy,Trimble,Fitzg,Wallace,Reddan,Yo ung,Fla,Be st,MOD,Hogan,Best,Ferris,Gleeson.

I reckon that will be close to what EOS will go with-maybe even one or two more regulars unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO

who would you have in the starting 15 for the tour this summer. below is not a bad team, mix of a bit of experience and youth.

15: kearney

14: bowe

13: murphy

12: quinlan

11: fitzgearld

10: paddy wallace

9: reddan

8: heaslip

7: jennings

6: quinlan/ferris

5: o kelly

4: hogan

3: best

2: sheean

1: young

I think the starting XV from the 6N will all be rested meaning that Flannery, Simon Best, Hogan and O'Driscoll, Neil Best, Boss and Reddan, Wallace, Trimble and Murphy will all probably tour. I'd be looking at a test team of

Murphy, Bowe, Trimble, Quinlan, Fitzgerald, Wallace, Reddan, Heaslip, Jennings, Best, Hogan, O'Kelly, Best, Flannery, Young

The highlighted players would be certs IMO for the WC squad added to the 15 rested. That would 7 places open for the squad. EOS might make the curious call of Trimble on the wing which would open the door for Barry Murphy at OC. Inside centre is an open call, i wasn't all that impressed by Lewis on Saturday and am not sure what he'd bring to the party.

Comment

Do people honestly think Carney's going to do enough to make the Irish team in time for the summer tours and subsequently the RWC?

I'd love to see him do it and even if he doesn't get enough game time during the ML, I'd like him to go anyway and try and fit in with the Irish setup. Basically, be given every chance to make the WC squad. He's still got decent pace, and a ridiculous finish from the bit I've seen of him in GB tests.

I think it's worth a shot to call him up during the summer anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X