Finally - Performance Director appointed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally - Performance Director appointed

The new boss of Irish Rugby - The IRFU have finally appointed someone to the role of Performance director.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...ss-265806.html
    Stand up and fight

About time is right. I'm hoping for some big changes like a more fluid movement between provinces, players brought through at a younger age etc.

There are other things too. I saw this on the leinsterfans site regarding the Ireland U18s school side.

Originally posted by janeymac08
    You forgot Johnny Guy from Andrew's! What is going on at under 18's level in Munster, there were 3 times as many Andrew's guys on the team as Munster, and Andrew's is a hockey school!!!

This would be an area I'd like to see Nucifora look into. Theres obviously something wrong somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
      About time is right. I'm hoping for some big changes like a more fluid movement between provinces, players brought through at a younger age etc.

There are other things too. I saw this on the leinsterfans site regarding the Ireland U18s school side.

This would be an area I'd like to see Nucifora look into. Theres obviously something wrong somewhere.
      Players brought through from where to where younger? What levels you referring to?
      In what way can he look into it and what can he do? Fee paying schools that are generally have much bigger student numbers are reasons for Leinster schools being quite far ahead never mind standard of coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
        Players brought through from where to where younger? What levels you referring to?
        In what way can he look into it and what can he do? Fee paying schools that are generally have much bigger student numbers are reasons for Leinster schools being quite far ahead never mind standard of coaching.

When you look at the schools' teams in the last few years and see a school in Leinster with as many or more Ireland players than the rest of the country put together, something isn't right.

What Nucifora can do is look into why that is. Thats what he is hired to do.

-Is Leinster rugby overachieving or the rest of the country underachieving?
        -What measures can be put in place to help other schools and clubs?
        -Is it because Leinster players are in the shop window more? If so, are the players around the country being given a fair shot?
        -Are certain provinces doing enough to get more schools involved?
        -Are there ways of linking up clubs with schools better etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
          When you look at the schools' teams in the last few years and see a school in Leinster with as many or more Ireland players than the rest of the country put together, something isn't right.

What Nucifora can do is look into why that is. Thats what he is hired to do.

-Is Leinster rugby overachieving or the rest of the country underachieving?
          -What measures can be put in place to help other schools and clubs?
          -Is it because Leinster players are in the shop window more? If so, are the players around the country being given a fair shot?
          -Are certain provinces doing enough to get more schools involved?
          -Are there ways of linking up clubs with schools better etc.
          Many of the schools at the top in Leinster are all boys schools with 1000 or so pupils. Others are boarding schools.
          Most schools in Munster don't have those resources. There has often down the years been schools with as many players as a province(primarily Blackrock)
          You have to invest in development officers and get them out to clubs etc.
          We cant compete with Leinster in terms of schools. We need to use clubs system more as we wont get up to that level by trying to emulate Leinster.

Comment

Working...
          X