X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cianostays
    started a topic Tour to Argentina

Tour to Argentina

36 Man Squad for the Summer Tour. We'll need a strong enough squad but there are some players I'd like to see left at home and give them a chance to put their feet up. For me that list includes Healy, Ross, PO'C, Strauss and Sexton.

Loose Head: McGrath, Kilcoyne, J Cronin
    Hooker: Best, Cronin, Varley (assuming Sherry wouldn't be fit)
    Tight Head: Moore, Archer, Fitzpatrick
    Second Row: Toner, Tuohy, Ryan, Henderson
    Blindside: PO'M, Rudddock
    Openside: Henry, TO'D
    8: Heaslip (c), Murphy
    Scrum Half: Murray, Reddan, Marmion
    Out Half: Jackson, Madigan, JJ
    Inside Centre: Marshall, D'Arcy
    Outside Centre: Henshaw, Cave
    Wing: Trimble, Bowe, Earls, McFadden
    Fullback: Rob K, Zebo.

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernok
    Touring can always be fun but important thing is to put your money in the right place i mean where you can put a decent amount of money that can help you with explroing more and getting better at many other things.
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Sulla View Post
    Have we ever won a series in Arg?
    We only toured there once, in 2007, and lost both games.

Leave a comment:

• Sulla
    replied
    Tour to Argentina

Have we ever won a series in Arg?

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    It'll be a similar squad to the one England's second-string pulverised last summer. Some seriously average scrummagers made mincemeat of the Argentina pack, which is sad to say considering their history.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    The Pumas team we are going over to play is gonna be hella weak, we could send the Wolfhounds and still win the series at a canter.

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    I wasn't sure how I felt on this but I now think POC should go. He hasn't had a pre-season for a few years now. Having the Irish captain on board should help the younger players raise their games. His input with the lineout will be invaluable for the other forwards. I wouldn't play him in all the matches though.

Leave a comment:

• HenryFitz
    replied
    Paulie should go, and he should play at least one of the matches with Henderson or Tuohy to try that combo out before the 6N and World Cup. He's had enough rest in his career.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    I can see the logic in Trimble as he was only involved in internationals after Christmas and he's obviously on a high after winning his place, but bringing Paulie would just be madness. Mad ****ers need coaches to tell them to calm down sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    If he wants to go for the holiday fine. But play him? Absolutely no point. We know by now what he can offer. It'll be (hopefully) I long season, and the last thing we need is him off in a pointless pre season tour.

Always felt bringing the older players who are past it or players who are established to these trips are pointless, I mean at this rate, we might as well bring Gordan Darcy as well, call BOD see if he'll come just for one last trip.
    Pointless. I can't see POC going the entire season without getting injured..and it's one hell of a long season next year.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied
    Madness to bring Poc to the Argies. Feck it let him travel but no fubbing playing.
    A tour to Argentina is always a great way to see what a lads are made of.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Madness, Poc is too important, give him the summer off
    100% agree, this should have feck all to do with POC's wishes. He has an important year to come, and will be thankful later that he had the break.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Madness, Poc is too important, give him the summer off

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    O'Connell and Trimble to answer Ireland's call for summer tour

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-30255003.html

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    Yes, he's a flyer, so it is very worrying if he was caught by a player as (realtively) slow as Jennings alright. Most likely explanation is a knock, hopefully it was just a transient injury and he's back jumping out of his boots this weekend, cos as say we'll need him!!
    Has Jennings ever played lock?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X