X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    So, we need to bring BOD?
    #onemoretour
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

It's all about the systems, I hear. Players can swap in and out without weakening the side because everyone knows their roles and has done their homework. Whole > sum of parts. Rucks resourced. End of line.

Comment

I'd bring Ferris. He needs the game time. I might possibly bring Dave Foley over Toner. I'd give him the break after a very good season and it gives another young guy great experience.
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

If we're leaving players at home for this tour, first in the queue should be those who were on the Lions Tour last Summer and who've played a full season since.

Comment

Simon, do you want to book a holiday in June?
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
              I'd bring Ferris. He needs the game time. I might possibly bring Dave Foley over Toner. I'd give him the break after a very good season and it gives another young guy great experience.
              Wouldn't be any harm to leave O'Connell and Toner behind. Ryan and McCarthy are experienced locks and the former could benefit from being the main man while the likes of Henderson and maybe Tuohy if he's back get more gametime.

Comment

There are commercial decisions here though. We're contractually obliged not to tour teams shorn of senior players aren't we?
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Lads didn't Schmidt basically say there'll be very little left at home as he needs to keep momentum.
                  Id predict Zebo won't go.
                  Earls and Bowe will along with Ferris Ryan and maybe Luke Fitz who was name dropped as 13

Comment

The Top14 final is the week before the first test so the Argies should have a relatively full strength squad to pick from, injuries permitting.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                      There are commercial decisions here though. We're contractually obliged not to tour teams shorn of senior players aren't we?
                      I don't think anyone has pushed Argentina on their touring teams recently. We toured North America last year with a team shorn of its Lions and a handful of experienced internationals. I'd say we'll bring Best as captain and a few of the lads who are very much competing for their spots, depending on which teams make the European finals. Zebo will be there, 100%, assuming he's fit.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        I don't think anyone has pushed Argentina on their touring teams recently. We toured North America last year with a team shorn of its Lions and a handful of experienced internationals. I'd say we'll bring Best as captain and a few of the lads who are very much competing for their spots, depending on which teams make the European finals. Zebo will be there, 100%, assuming he's fit.
                        US is different as a second tier nation. I'm wondering if, as this is our first tour of Argentina since they entered the previous Tri-Nations, we're under any obligation to take the sort of team that we'd take on any other SH tour.

I've always been a bit vague on exactly what is a requirement and what is just considered good form.
                        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

check out this powerful weak squad your neighbours sent over there last year BB

http://www.rfu.com/news/2013/may/new...rgentina_squad
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            US is different as a second tier nation. I'm wondering if, as this is our first tour of Argentina since they entered the previous Tri-Nations, we're under any obligation to take the sort of team that we'd take on any other SH tour.

I've always been a bit vague on exactly what is a requirement and what is just considered good form.
                            Fair enough, but look at the team Argentina brought to us in 2012. They had Fernandez-Lobbe, Leguizamon and a few other big players, but mostly it was the second-string side. England sent over a development side last year and they had **** all Lions. Argentina will probably have their second-string out anyway with the better Rugby Championship players being rested.
                            Last edited by whimpersnap; 18th-March-2014, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                              Very difficult to bed in a new 13 if you're sending the first choice 10 and 12 to the beach.
                              Which has always been my worry. We should have started this last November, through the 6 Nations. Instead we'll have massive changes for summer with unrealistic starting 15s and with little intensity, so we'll have to wait for the games in November to see how they get on in a proper game, and even then we won't be much better off. So the majority of the "bedding" in will go on in the 6 Nations and in the lead up yo the World Cup. Which is exactly what a team needs running up to the WC. Panic, panic and more panic.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if a very similar squad to this squad now went to Argentina.
                              Last edited by Stringer9; 18th-March-2014, 23:23.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                                Which has always been my worry. We should have started this last November, through the 6 Nations. Instead we'll have massive changes for summer with unrealistic starting 15s and with little intensity, so we'll have to wait for the games in November to see how they get on in a proper game, and even then we won't be much better off. So the majority of the "bedding" in will go on in the 6 Nations and in the lead up yo the World Cup. Which is exactly what a team needs running up to the WC. Panic, panic and more panic.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if a very similar squad to this squad now went to Argentina.
                                But we won the Six Nations, which justifies not using selection for it as a testing ground for a competition we won't win.

Comment

Working...
                                X