Tour to Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
    JJ has more minutes than a certain 10 who got a game in Paris this year ;)
    I presume you mean Ian Madigan, and no, JJ does not have more minutes than him. Madigan has 985 minutes, including 12 starts, by comparison to JJ, who has 756 minutes, including 8 starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      How weak will the Pumas be? They've been gnarly in home games of the 4 nations.

Almost every area of the team has some fella you'd like to see tried out ffs. Looking forward to it
      Argentina have an agreement that they won't use their overseas players in both the June tests and the Rugby Championship, so they usually field a second string in June. England beat them comfortably in two tests over there last June.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        You do know JJ and Keatley are having their game time managed because of chronic injury don't you?
        JJ hasn't started a single big game in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
          JJ hasn't started a single big game in his career.
          Didn't do too badly away against Glasgow who are fourth in the league. Best performance I have seen from an Irish out half this season apart from Sexton.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gibson View Post
            Argentina have an agreement that they won't use their overseas players in both the June tests and the Rugby Championship, so they usually field a second string in June. England beat them comfortably in two tests over there last June.

I remember Freddie Burns scoring a tap and go and crash try in the second test alright. They fairly hammered the Puma's over both tests.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
              JJ hasn't started a single big game in his career............
              yet!
              I am the million man.

Comment

Hopefully we will see Ferris travel. Getting him back in the frame for the international team would be some fillup.

Comment

You do know JJ and Keatley are having their game time managed because of chronic injury don't you?
                  JJ said in his interview in the Indo last week that that injury had cleared up and that this was the first week he'd trained injury-free in a while

Comment

Didn't do too badly away against Glasgow who are fourth in the league. Best performance I have seen from an Irish out half this season apart from Sexton.
                    Agreed but its only Rabo. He needs to start HEC games to become a realistic contender for Ireland.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

It's important to strike a balance between experience and bringing guys through. There's no sense in sending out a wolfhounds side because we'll learn **** all

Sexton/Heaslip/Ross/Best/Healy/POC/Murray won't travel but that'll be it

I'd like to see Cave/Henshaw both starting a test alongside experienced guys like Darcy/Bowe/Kearney

Similarly I'd like to see Archer/Moore and Ah You all get a decent crack at TH with Cronin/Killer/McGrath battling it out on the loese

D Ryan will partner Toner and Zebo and Earls should start a test each at the very least
                      AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

Paulie is irish captain so would think his name might be the first one on the list to travel? If its going to be used as something more than a Wolfhounds tour then surely we might send one or two big guns over
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Joe was asked about the summer tour today and he named checked a few players with small mileage on the clock this season (Angry, Bowe, Earls etc.) that should be touring but a few other front liners that might be involved at the business end of the season won't travel.
                          The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Cianostays View Post
                            36 Man Squad for the Summer Tour. We'll need a strong enough squad but there are some players I'd like to see left at home and give them a chance to put their feet up. For me that list includes Healy, Ross, PO'C, Strauss and Sexton.

Loose Head: McGrath, Kilcoyne, J Cronin
                            Hooker: Best, Cronin, Varley (assuming Sherry wouldn't be fit)
                            Tight Head: Moore, Archer, Fitzpatrick
                            Second Row: Toner, Tuohy, Ryan, Henderson
                            Blindside: PO'M, Rudddock
                            Openside: Henry, TO'D
                            8: Heaslip (c), Murphy
                            Scrum Half: Murray, Reddan, Marmion
                            Out Half: Jackson, Madigan, JJ
                            Inside Centre: Marshall, D'Arcy
                            Outside Centre: Henshaw, Cave
                            Wing: Trimble, Bowe, Earls, McFadden
                            Fullback: Rob K, Zebo.
                            I wouldnt be bringing Heaslip, Murray, Rob K or Darcy
                            When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Very difficult to bed in a new 13 if you're sending the first choice 10 and 12 to the beach.

Comment

So, we need to bring BOD?
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                                X