Tour to Argentina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour to Argentina

36 Man Squad for the Summer Tour. We'll need a strong enough squad but there are some players I'd like to see left at home and give them a chance to put their feet up. For me that list includes Healy, Ross, PO'C, Strauss and Sexton.

Loose Head: McGrath, Kilcoyne, J Cronin
    Hooker: Best, Cronin, Varley (assuming Sherry wouldn't be fit)
    Tight Head: Moore, Archer, Fitzpatrick
    Second Row: Toner, Tuohy, Ryan, Henderson
    Blindside: PO'M, Rudddock
    Openside: Henry, TO'D
    8: Heaslip (c), Murphy
    Scrum Half: Murray, Reddan, Marmion
    Out Half: Jackson, Madigan, JJ
    Inside Centre: Marshall, D'Arcy
    Outside Centre: Henshaw, Cave
    Wing: Trimble, Bowe, Earls, McFadden
    Fullback: Rob K, Zebo.

No DK, no SF, no Risteard Strauss, No Robin?
    Methinks GD will need a kitkat and Rory Best too but I think I read somewhere that Joe wants his top troops in transit. It'll be interesting to see who they are.
    Last edited by ustix; 17th-March-2014, 09:23.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Heaslip shouldn't tour, and certainly not as captain. We have to develop an alternative at 8, where we have no depth at all.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
        Heaslip shouldn't tour, and certainly not as captain. We have to develop an alternative at 8, where we have no depth at all.
        Indeed, I'd bring Copeland, Murphy and Wilson. I'd take Best as captain.
        "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Very good depth in the second row at the moment with Toner, Ryan, McCarthy, Tuohy and Henderson backing up POC. Any of them could do a job at the moment.

I would imagine some of the players who've been involved in the Lions, AIs, 6N and latter stages of the HEC will be left at home. Heaslip certainly needs a rest as does POC. We need to work out the medium term back up to Murray pretty urgently as well - I'd leave him at home.

Comment

Will Sean O'Brien be available for this tour?

Comment

No
              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                For the first world cup ever, we will be leaving very good players at home for 2015

It's possible that some who started last Saturday may not make the 30.
                True but I think I remember Darcy, Bowe and Fitz getting left behind too at various stages.
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan View Post
                  Very good depth in the second row at the moment with Toner, Ryan, McCarthy, Tuohy and Henderson backing up POC. Any of them could do a job at the moment.

I would imagine some of the players who've been involved in the Lions, AIs, 6N and latter stages of the HEC will be left at home. Heaslip certainly needs a rest as does POC. We need to work out the medium term back up to Murray pretty urgently as well - I'd leave him at home.
                  DOC still there and playing to the standard, in case of emergencies. Wales would have murdered to have had him this season, or next.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

JJ won't be going anywhere this summer unless Penney gets over his innate conservatism. Hopefully we'll have a coach who selects on form next season so JJ can have the platform to begin his international career.

Originally posted by eoghan View Post
                    I would imagine some of the players who've been involved in the Lions, AIs, 6N and latter stages of the HEC will be left at home.
                    They almost certainly will, and this is something fans will need to deal with and accept. Such are the problems of a deep talent pool. It was handled very poorly in the sections, we need to not turn into soccer fans and start declaring [X] who isn't in the squad as the messiah who'll make everything right.
                    Last edited by Reus; 17th-March-2014, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                      JJ won't be going anywhere this summer unless Penney gets over his innate conservatism. Hopefully we'll have a coach who selects on form next season so JJ can have the platform to begin his international career.

They almost certainly will, and this is something fans will need to deal with and accept. Such are the problems of a deep talent pool. It was handled very poorly in the sections, we need to not turn into soccer fans and start declaring [X] who isn't in the squad as the messiah who'll make everything right.
                      You do know JJ and Keatley are having their game time managed because of chronic injury don't you?

Comment

How weak will the Pumas be? They've been gnarly in home games of the 4 nations.

Almost every area of the team has some fella you'd like to see tried out ffs. Looking forward to it
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                          No
                          Not if the Leinster Witch gets her eye of toad and tongue of newt on time! (see Exhibit A: R.Strauss)

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post

JJ has more minutes than a certain 10 who got a game in Paris this year

Comment

They should try this up and coming centre from Leinster, think his name is Brian or something
                              The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Working...
                              X