What now? Ireland 2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    The first thing I would like to see out if Schmidt now is that Ireland are going to use this championship as a springboard mount a serious challenge to win the RWC. The team will enjoy massive 'home' support at every venue bar playing England in Twickenham. We have the depth to challenge and if we top the group we avoid NZ until a final. I genuinely believe Ireland can win this RWC and hope Schmidt comes out and says as much.
    I dont see having the depth to make the last 4. There are better teams then Scotland and Italy in the WC.
    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
      I dont see having the depth to make the last 4. There are better teams then Scotland and Italy in the WC.
      France are in our group Outlaw, beat them and we avoid NZ.

Comment

more chance of seeing halleys comet stuck behind ross and moore at leinster. he's the same chance as me at starting at tight head in the WC
        I don't think he's going to be stuck behind them though. He's a special player, just an utter beast.
        AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

France are in our group Outlaw, beat them and we avoid NZ.
          I don't think we'll beat them in the WC. But maybe...
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

They'll be a different beast with a better coach. They should get a foreigner in I reckon. A no nonsense man who'll be happy to put noses outta joint for the good of the results.
            I am the million man.

Comment

We worry about replacing BOD, but with the greatest respect and not withstanding his brilliant display against Italy, he is a force on the wain. They look like they need to replace Mas, Domingo, possibly Dusatoir and Nyanga and Picamoles doesnt look too sharp either. Parra will be pushing to be there and most importantly the game will be a lot closer in atmosphere and support to Dublin than Paris. Ireland laid down a serious marker yesterday, and we have Earls, Bowe or Zebo to come in for Dave Kearney. Even you have to be optimistic.

Comment

By the time we play them we'll likely both have qualified, while France haven't topped their pools in the last two world cups and typically like to expend minimum effort to get to the next round. Their attitude for winning the RWC will be that they need to beat NZ eventually so I could see the prospect of minding themselves against us so they can have a cut at NZ in the quarter finals as attractive to them.

Comment

We worry about replacing BOD, but with the greatest respect and not withstanding his brilliant display against Italy, he is a force on the wain. They look like they need to replace Mas, Domingo, possibly Dusatoir and Nyanga and Picamoles doesnt look too sharp either. Parra will be pushing to be there and most importantly the game will be a lot closer in atmosphere and support to Dublin than Paris. Ireland laid down a serious marker yesterday, and we have Earls, Bowe or Zebo to come in for Dave Kearney. Even you have to be optimistic.
                  Zebo won't be coming into any frame IMO under JS. He isn't going to jettison players who won him a 6 N on a whim.

France have the players. Picamoles was very disappointing yesterday for them and I wouldn't consider him a huge loss. His knock on led to our first try.

France have plenty of props and that backline yesterday will give anyone problems.

People also underestimate the sheer prescence of BOD. Other teams will now seek out the 13 channel more often then they used to.

WC is a different animal IMO to 6N.

Comment

Zebo won't be coming into any frame IMO under JS. He isn't going to jettison players who won him a 6 N on a whim.

France have the players. Picamoles was very disappointing yesterday for them and I wouldn't consider him a huge loss. His knock on led to our first try.

France have plenty of props and that backline yesterday will give anyone problems.

People also underestimate the sheer prescence of BOD. Other teams will now seek out the 13 channel more often then they used to.

WC is a different animal IMO to 6N.
                    Zebo is a good cop/ bad cop routine between Penney and Schmidt that is already yielding fruit with Munster the beneficiaries. He has been left out in the cold for all sorts of reasons that are rightly beyond discussion on this Forum. I think Ireland are as well placed as England to win the World Cup, we will enjoy massive support and having crept over the line yesterday I think the team might just be able to handle the expectation.

Comment

Zebo is a good cop/ bad cop routine between Penney and Schmidt that is already yielding fruit with Munster the beneficiaries. He has been left out in the cold for all sorts of reasons that are rightly beyond discussion on this Forum. I think Ireland are as well placed as England to win the World Cup, we will enjoy massive support and having crept over the line yesterday I think the team might just be able to handle the expectation.
                      I prefer the English age profile. have to remember they were missing a number of players as well for the 6N

Comment

I prefer the English age profile. have to remember they were missing a number of players as well for the 6N
                        Did them a favour in some respects outside of the front row where England are WEAK.

Comment

Looking forward. Schmidt has proven he can get an international team to play to the level he wants.

We have found real depth in the pack - there is a chance that we may be able to add two of the best backrows in the world to a championship winning pack.

The backs need a bit over haul but Id be confident we have the players for that. We have rakes of wingers so should have a very dangerous back 3.

The centre - 10 axis is the one which is most uncertain. I would bet by the World Cup that either Jackson or JJ (or both) will have stepped up as our standout 10s, and Sexton's skills will be better used at 12 with Marshall the other obvious option there. Anyone's guess who will step up at 13. I don't we will have a settled combination in this axis until just up until or during the World Cup.

Hopefully the Summer Tour will see Joe get over his fascination with second choice Leinster players and we might see some real squad building.
                          "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                            Looking forward. Schmidt has proven he can get an international team to play to the level he wants.

We have found real depth in the pack - there is a chance that we may be able to add two of the best backrows in the world to a championship winning pack.

The backs need a bit over haul but Id be confident we have the players for that. We have rakes of wingers so should have a very dangerous back 3.

The centre - 10 axis is the one which is most uncertain. I would bet by the World Cup that either Jackson or JJ (or both) will have stepped up as our standout 10s, and Sexton's skills will be better used at 12 with Marshall the other obvious option there. Anyone's guess who will step up at 13. I don't we will have a settled combination in this axis until just up until or during the World Cup.

Hopefully the Summer Tour will see Joe get over his fascination with second choice Leinster players and we might see some real squad building.
                            I've more chance of being Ireland's 12 then Sexton. Its just not even a possibility that he'll be selected there.

Comment

I've more chance of being Ireland's 12 then Sexton. Its just not even a possibility that he'll be selected there.
                              He doesn't need to play there. Marshall is fine for the job. Dorce and Bod took some replacing five years ago, they don't anymore. Please can we stop pretending, bod is not an international level 13 for all he was great against a rubbish Italy.

Comment

Ross was outstanding yesterday. He destroyed Domingo. Moore was in trouble against Debaty.
                                "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Working...
                                X