What now? Ireland 2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sportsground View Post
    I agree with a lot of the above id only say "sour grapes" in the context of the win. Success happens at the margins and the leinster heavy bench completely vindicated their selection
    Moore and Madigan were awful simply, if Walsh had a rashers the late scrum was a definite penalty.
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
      Moore and Madigan were awful simply, if Walsh had a rashers the late scrum was a definite penalty.
      The missed penalty in cardiff the grand slam year springs to mind
      Fides et Robur

Comment

I agree with a lot of the above id only say "sour grapes" in the context of the win. Success happens at the margins and the leinster heavy bench completely vindicated their selection
        Some of them did, certainly. But what did Moore do outside of the scrums to justify his selection? What did Madigan do to show Jackson's dropping was merited? What about Ruddock? Vindicating your selection means more than not losing the game - you have to do more than the other fella could have done. I don't think that's true of several players on the bench.

Comment

Sextons abysmal kicking also comes to mind, this is the best outhalf in the world according to some
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by budgetwinger View Post
            Vindicating your selection means more than not losing the game .
            Id rather see the Irish team win with inferior players as you put it then lose with the recognized best 15. I really can't wait for the summer tour to see the likes of archer et al. really put their hands up in a green jersey
            Fides et Robur

Comment

If Walsh had a clue it'd have been a free kick to Ireland for the early French shove.

Comment

Id rather see the Irish team win with inferior players as you put it then lose with the recognized best 15. I really can't wait for the summer tour to see the likes of archer et al. really put their hands up in a green jersey
                When did losing come into it? My whole point is that I think different players could have secured the win with less stress.

Comment

-Such sour grapes if those subs can continue to come on with 10-20 minutes to go in championship games and squeeze out a win against a team that (while not particularly well coached) is a decent french side. Then its the outsiders that have it all to prove not the incumbents a Heineken cup or two could help in that department
                  We lost the last 20 mins comprehensively - 7-0 on the scoreboard - mullered in the scrums - in reverse at the collisions. We were hanging on in there at the end.

Our bench did not impress.

I think I understand what Joe Schmidt is trying to do - building a team around a core of players who play together week-in week-out is a sensible and proven approach. Gatland's Lions selections being a prime example.

But he's stretching this rationale by extending it to his bench selections. The bone of contention is that there are Munster and Ulster starters who would make a bigger impact in the last 20 than Leinster bench-warmers.
                  "There are a lot of other key decision makers who must agree with your plan."
                  Johan Erasmus

Comment

Weren't you championing Moore to start at 3 from the tournament outset? Didn't even want Ross in the extended squad as I recall.

Comment

We could maybe develop a plan for how to finish out a tight game that we are leading,
                      pick and drive almost cost us, the end of the match was so like the All Blacks endgame
                      Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Comment

Lot of big interpro games coming up in the next two months, Leinster v Munster at the Aviva, Leinster travel to Belfast and Ulster visit Limerick. Also the potential meetings in the HEC and Rabo play-offs. Lots of matches to impress against direct competition for the Summer squad. Schmidt has essentially gone with players he trusts to implement the game plans so far, next step is to increase that group.

Comment

The first thing I would like to see out if Schmidt now is that Ireland are going to use this championship as a springboard mount a serious challenge to win the RWC. The team will enjoy massive 'home' support at every venue bar playing England in Twickenham. We have the depth to challenge and if we top the group we avoid NZ until a final. I genuinely believe Ireland can win this RWC and hope Schmidt comes out and says as much.

Comment

A big 12 months for Declan Fitzpatrick.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan View Post
                              A big 12 months for Declan Fitzpatrick.
                              he's made of glass. Best TH in Ireland when fit though

I really wouldn't be surprised if Furlong was our starting TH come the world cup. The guy is up there with JJ and Olding as our one of our best prospects
                              AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

Originally posted by fishooks12 View Post
                                he's made of glass. Best TH in Ireland when fit though

I really wouldn't be surprised if Furlong was our starting TH come the world cup. The guy is up there with JJ and Olding as our one of our best prospects
                                more chance of seeing halleys comet stuck behind ross and moore at leinster. he's the same chance as me at starting at tight head in the WC
                                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Working...
                                X