Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be wearing No 13 for Ireland in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by jeepers View Post
    POM & Zebo were schmoozing him on twitter posing in some college election tshirts with him for his cousin and then tweeting them!
    Let the mind games begin :)

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    I hope Munster get the finger out and sign him. The 6N champs have the worlds greatest academy to fall back on
    POM & Zebo were schmoozing him on twitter posing in some college election tshirts with him for his cousin and then tweeting them!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    If Henshaw wants to be mapped by Schmidt there's only one province he needs to be playing for

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    I hope Munster get the finger out and sign him. The 6N champs have the worlds greatest academy to fall back on

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Guy Easterby was obviously asked about him (hardly surprising since BOD will be retiring from Leinster as well). He dismissed him as he said he is contracted to Connacht for the next couple of years.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/eas...-30103544.html
    If Henshaw is seen as the next 13 after the auditions over the 6 months he'll not be staying somewhere where he's no HEC rugby.

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Henshaw as well name checked by Guy Easterby several times in the press. I think the IRFU are going to push him that direction. Wouldn't surprise me.
    Guy Easterby was obviously asked about him (hardly surprising since BOD will be retiring from Leinster as well). He dismissed him as he said he is contracted to Connacht for the next couple of years.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/eas...-30103544.html

Leinster could even solve two problems with one signing by getting their hands on Connacht's Robbie Henshaw. They will have to wait in the long grass as the former Westmeath minor footballer will be out West until the summer of 2016, at least.

Replacements

"Robbie Henshaw is a fantastic talent. Why would you not be interested in him? Absolutely! We would be," he said.
    "If he's happy at Connacht, which he obviously is because he's just signed a two-year contract, who are we to say: 'you're better off at Leinster?'"

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
    Joe name checks his likely candidates as reported in the UK Guardian his morning - Earls is notably by his absence.

Looks like he'll be fighting for a wing spot.
    Henshaw as well name checked by Guy Easterby several times in the press. I think the IRFU are going to push him that direction. Wouldn't surprise me.

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
    Joe name checks his likely candidates as reported in the UK Guardian his morning - Earls is notably by his absence.

Or he has been told under no circumstances to mention Keith Earls as a centre because the internet & press will go into mentdown about him which isn't good for a confidence player.

Leave a comment:

• LondonMunster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    8 starts actually (6 Rabo & 2 Amlin). He also came off the bench for Munster's win over Australia, so he has been involved in the big occasion. He also has the knack of going along as an also ran, and coming out on top. (U20s, Munster & Lions).

After the World Cup, ROG didn't start another game for Ireland, so I imagine in the interests of squad development, Murray & Sexton were paired together internationally.
    Did he not? Hmm. In any case, Henshaw might not have a title to his name but he's played on plenty of big occasions too. In the case of both players, we'll only know how they'll cope with international rugby once they are playing games.

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    He went into that World Cup on the back of 6 starts in his entire senior career. That just underlines my point - he won a Pro 12 with virtually no prior experience and kicked straight on to the World Cup. Having Rog alongside him wasn't necessarily that big a help considering post-WC Kidney tended to use him in tandem with Sexton and Rog with Reddan.
    8 starts actually (6 Rabo & 2 Amlin). He also came off the bench for Munster's win over Australia, so he has been involved in the big occasion. He also has the knack of going along as an also ran, and coming out on top. (U20s, Munster & Lions).

After the World Cup, ROG didn't start another game for Ireland, so I imagine in the interests of squad development, Murray & Sexton were paired together internationally.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There is no need to try and justify the 'If you are good enough you are experienced enough' mantra.

There is so much evidence from the World of Sport that it doesn't need justification.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Murray had a Pro12 winners medal so he wasn't that inexperienced. He also had the benefit of playing with ROG who he was used to playing with.
    He went into that World Cup on the back of 6 starts in his entire senior career. That just underlines my point - he won a Pro 12 with virtually no prior experience and kicked straight on to the World Cup. Having Rog alongside him wasn't necessarily that big a help considering post-WC Kidney tended to use him in tandem with Sexton and Rog with Reddan.

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
    Murray went from 0 caps to starting in a World Cup quarter final in the space of about a month. If you're good enough, you're experienced enough.
    Murray had a Pro12 winners medal so he wasn't that inexperienced. He also had the benefit of playing with ROG who he was used to playing with.

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    That's with a good selector though.

Benching for Leinster is not a good enough criterion for being in the Irish squad imho. Ask TOD, DRyan, PJackson how they feel about this!?
    You've answered a question nobody asked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X