Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be wearing No 13 for Ireland in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
    Lots of praise for Donnacha Ryan from uncle Joe in this piece

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-na...h-was-obvious/
    Not appreciative enough to put him on the bench instead of the unused Jordi Murphy though! He even preferred Ruddock as the travelling sub, dropping Donnacha Ryan from the previous week.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
      Hysterical. Man on internet forgets he is not empathic visionary, but just a sap with a computer.
      Nothing visionary about simply not being a bitter tosser and enjoying Ireland's first victory in Paris in however many years and another precious Championship medal in the back-pockets of Irish legends like BOD, POC and D'Arcy who have sadly not had the international success their individual and collective contributions have merited.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
        Munster still have to find a 13 and when Ealrs has been there (eg with Mafi) he was pulling up trees.

O'Gara backed Earls for the role a few weeks ago saying 'I've seen what he can do in training over the years, Joe hasn't'

So I wouldn't rule him out just because he was too young and inexperienced to replace O'Driscoll over the past four years nor because of the Leinster chant the Earls is a winger.

15 Payne
        14 Bowe
        13 Earls
        12 Olding
        11 Zebo

C'mon Joe are you taking notes here?
        Why did Munster buy Laulala and shunt Earls to the wing if he was "pulling up trees" at 13? Why did Deccie abandon the BOD/Earls centre partnership idea after one game? Presumably Deccie, McGahan and Penney have all seen what Earls can do in training as well yet came to the conclusion that centre wasn't his position?

Comment

I think its going to be Henshaw, A young lad that Joe has had in the camp for nearly 8 weeks. I know the young lad and I was chatting him at the weekend. His been stepping into the 13 role a good bit when Brian wasnt around and has been working very hard on his game with Joe. His also said Brian's been great in helping him with stuff. His big disadvantage is not playing Heineken cup next year.
          Cave comes into it alright but will he be playing 13 for Ulster or will Payne. Of the two I think Payne is the most likely to make it.
          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
            Nothing visionary about simply not being a bitter tosser and enjoying Ireland's first victory in Paris in however many years and another precious Championship medal in the back-pockets of Irish legends like BOD, POC and D'Arcy who have sadly not had the international success their individual and collective contributions have merited.
            Still convinced you have the second sight? Psychics live are always looking for deluded fools. Generally as customers, but hey, there's always room for a charlatan who believes in himself.

Comment

5 Tries at the last world cup suggests that Keith is most valuable on the wing. He finished top try scorer for Ireland.

Click image for larger version

Name:	03-Keith-Earls-crop_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	2479057
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                Why did Munster buy Laulala and shunt Earls to the wing if he was "pulling up trees" at 13? Why did Deccie abandon the BOD/Earls centre partnership idea after one game? Presumably Deccie, McGahan and Penney have all seen what Earls can do in training as well yet came to the conclusion that centre wasn't his position?
                Dougie got injured and had to retire. Earls was moved to fill his considerable boots. Up to that, Earls was picked ahead of Laulala when both fit.

Earls has about 6 or 7 caps at centre for Ireland, so I'm not sure if he was dropped. It didn't help that Luke Fitz has been mostly injured for the last 4 years. Andrew Trimble was the only other winger available.
                Last edited by jeepers; 18-March-2014, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  5 Tries at the last world cup suggests that Keith is most valuable on the wing. He finished top try scorer for Ireland.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8783[/ATTACH]
                  2 of his 5 tries were scored when he was playing in the centre.
                  edit: (and was taken off after 48 mins)!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                    2 of his 5 tries were scored when he was playing in the centre.
                    edit: (and was taken off after 48 mins)!
                    Something that I overlooked!
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Given all the shyte Joe talks in press conferences, I think you'd be unwise to assume anything. On the basis that Luke Fitz plays for Leinster and has been learning how to resource rucks for years, he's the most likely candidate. McFadden next. Then Brendan Macken.
                      The trick with the Leinster/'resourcing the ruck' is you don't want to overuse it. Some people have the habit of just throwing it in every post, without any sense of comic or rhetorical timing. It requires a bit of restraint and skill to only use it when it's most effective.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        The trick with the Leinster/'resourcing the ruck' is you don't want to overuse it. Some people have the habit of just throwing it in every post, without any sense of comic or rhetorical timing. It requires a bit of restraint and skill to only use it when it's most effective.
                        You are wrong. Every post must be properly resourced with a resourcing the ruck reference.

Comment

You are wrong. Every post must be properly resourced with a resourcing the ruck reference.
                          He can resource whatever he wants in my view when he's got a trophy at the bottom of the ruck
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

You've done nothing wrong in this post Whimpersnap, but I'm afraid we are going to have to drop you from the rest of this thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	joe-schmidt-61-390x285.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	2479058
                            Last edited by Cowboy; 18-March-2014, 17:28.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

What are the (current) options?

Henshaw, Earls, Fitzgerald, Cave with Payne soon to follow, and maybe McFadden at a stretch.

Henshaw seems to have all the raw materials including a bit of bulk none of the others really have. I prefer Earls on the wing, covering FB/Centre from time to time. Same for Fitzgerald, has more of a passing / offloading game than Earls, but again I see him as a wing first. Payne could be interesting. Cave is a solid player and should get a chance to show what he can do stepping up a level.

Considering we won a 6 nations missing 4 Lions in the 3/4 line (Earls, Fitz, Zebo, Bowe) and 2 Lions in the backrow (Ferris, SOB) it's looking good. Ferris will struggle to get into that Backrow as POM isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Its a tough one but have to say it. I think Earls and Fitzgerald would be ok at 13 but they are too injury prone in the long run.
                                There is great competition throughout the team.
                                For me Trimble, Henry, Cronin and Toner have all played above their previous form. Is that Joe's influence? I hope so and maybe we will continue to see the same improvement in other players.
                                When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X