Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be wearing No 13 for Ireland in 2015?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who will be wearing No 13 for Ireland in 2015?

    Good question imo.
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

    #2
    My money is on the player who lines up at outside center.


    I'd like to see Henshaw but I worry that the new comp rules and him not going to play top level, HEC, will count against him in the medium term.

    Comment


      #3
      Who are the candidates?

      Payne-Henshaw-Cave-Earls-Fitz-Fergie


      All of them are not 13s apart from Cave. Allied to the fact that we are going to remap our entire backline play when we lose our defensive organiser and attacking distributor I think it's the right time to move away from centres set in stone and work on looser more adventurous play.
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Who are the candidates?

        Payne-Henshaw-Cave-Earls-Fitz-Fergie


        All of them are not 13s apart from Cave. Allied to the fact that we are going to remap our entire backline play when we lose our defensive organiser and attacking distributor I think it's the right time to move away from centres set in stone and work on looser more adventurous play.
        Does it not annoy anyone else that we don't even have the slightest idea who play 13? We've known for a long time that this is his last season and we were so busy with the going away party that we didn't bother looking at new guys. Now we must wait for the year of the world cup to try and experiment all these players.
        We're fighting a clock and we didn't need to be.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

        Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

        The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

        Comment


          #5
          I think Marshall will be our 12 next season and Cave is his natural partner.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
            Does it not annoy anyone else that we don't even have the slightest idea who play 13? We've known for a long time that this is his last season and we were so busy with the going away party that we didn't bother looking at new guys. Now we must wait for the year of the world cup to try and experiment all these players.
            We're fighting a clock and we didn't need to be.
            We just won the Six Nations with our 13 a vital cog in the process. It wouldn't kill you to crack a smile.

            Comment


              #7
              Wouldn't be surprised to see d'arcy at 13 and Marshall at 12

              Comment


                #8
                most likely gonna be James Downey and Kieth Earls at 13.

                Comment


                  #9
                  It's between 3 players imo. In order of likelihood:

                  Henshaw
                  Fitzgerald (because he'll more than likely play there for Leinster)
                  Payne (because he'll more than likely challenge Kearney at fullback than switch to 13)

                  I don't think Cave or Earls are realistic at international level. Other players mentioned (olding, D'arcy, mcfadden, marshall etc.) wont be looked at as a 13 and wont be considered imo.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Leo View Post
                    It's between 3 players imo. In order of likelihood:

                    Henshaw
                    Fitzgerald (because he'll more than likely play there for Leinster)
                    Payne (because he'll more than likely challenge Kearney at fullback than switch to 13)

                    I don't think Cave or Earls are realistic at international level. Other players mentioned (olding, D'arcy, mcfadden, marshall etc.) wont be looked at as a 13 and wont be considered imo.
                    Why not D'Arcy?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It'll be Earls. He'll be playing there next year for Munster.
                      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Earls should play alot at 13 next year with LLL gone...Payne will continue to play FB at Ulster leaving Cave at 13....unless Henshaw moves to Leinster for eg....he'll struggle to get proper exposure at Connacht. ..though by the sounds of it Schmidt rates him. If Henshaw does move its between him and Earls for the jersey depending on performance.
                        Given both are very adaptable both will be valuable in 23.

                        At this stage id say Keith but his injury record in the main obstacle for him to nail a jersey down.
                        A fit Keith is whats needed and the rest will follow.
                        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Yesterday, Joe name checked the pretenders for the 13 jersey. Earls wasn't one of them so unless he pulls up trees next season for Munster he'll be competing for one of the wing positions for the Irish squad

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                            Does it not annoy anyone else that we don't even have the slightest idea who play 13? We've known for a long time that this is his last season and we were so busy with the going away party that we didn't bother looking at new guys. Now we must wait for the year of the world cup to try and experiment all these players.
                            We're fighting a clock and we didn't need to be.
                            two summer tests and three November tests left this year, so no, we don't have to wait for the year of the World Cup to try guys out

                            Surely you knew that much?
                            AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by fishooks12 View Post
                              two summer tests and three November tests left this year, so no, we don't have to wait for the year of the World Cup to try guys out

                              Surely you knew that much?
                              True but last Autumn Internationals should have been used to blood someone too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X