Italy V England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy V England

England are going to have to put at least 50 points on Italy if Ireland beat France if they are going to be the 2014 six nations champions

Clive Woodward said on the BBC on sunday after the England / Wales game that they can do it . sorry Clive it is not going to happen . England will beat Italy but not by 50+ points in Rome

Worst result would be a shock Italian win, if that happened then France would have a real target to aim for versus Ireland . An England win below 30 points probably rules France out on points difference , it will be in our own hands by 5 o o'clock I'd say ,hopefully we can do it .

Comment

Italy have targeted this game, are formidable at home and England will likely have summoned some of their arrogance from yesteryear and will be looking at the scoreboard from the first minute. Wouldn't say the winner is a foregone conclusion.

Comment

We put up a massive score on Italy and so could England. It wont bother them that its in Rome. Our main hope is that the lads that are held back come into the side and play great.
        I could well see England put 50 on them but hoping that Italy will get a few scores themselves.
        They wont want to lay down and give up the points difference. I'd hope.
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
          Italy have targeted this game, are formidable at home and England will likely have summoned some of their arrogance from yesteryear and will be looking at the scoreboard from the first minute. Wouldn't say the winner is a foregone conclusion.
          italy are 10/1 in paddypower
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

They lost at home to Scotland.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Go put the life savings on Italy Dowlinz, I dares ya.

Comment

England will play the exact same game plan as we did, tire the italians out and try to execute the scores in the final quarter.

One failing of England this 6N is their inability to close out, France, push on, Wales, Scotland, when they're ahead, they have big game players, Browne & Farrell but 12,3's isn't the answer in the centre, maybe Tualagi coming off the bench might help them. England by 30 at the very most i'd reckon.
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I can't see England winning in Rome by 50, just think there is too much pride in this Italian side. Hope Parisse is back though!!!!

Comment

Italy, last game of the six nations not having won a match after just been embarassed by a very average Irish side. Walk overs dont get any easier than this
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

They very nearly done it they had done the hard work and then they got to cocky which allowed Italy to score their try which probably led to Ireland winning the six nation 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X