Zebo: What does he need to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reus View Post
    The point of Earls being an instinctive player for a methodical, process driven coach is an interesting one nonetheless.
    For yourself maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by El Homerino View Post
      You don't disagree then? Good man

I would have made the effort to disagree with you and debate the issue if you had made some valid points . . .

You didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
        For yourself maybe.
        I like to appreciate a coaches selection rationale instead of spouting "bleen" this and "Saint Joe" that every time a selection decision goes against expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
          I would have made the effort to disagree with you and debate the issue if you had made some valid points . . .

You didn't.
          when was the last time Earls even played? Do you want me to start trawling through my brain for exact instances where he has been headless? I gave the most prevalent in my mind, and I have given you examples of other headless examples that occur regularly in the games he plays. When he gets fit again I am sure he will demonstrate these types of instances so you can get a clear picture.

Comment

I'm not a wum, it's a message board and people can have different opinions. I believe I am correct and he won't feature much in Joe's plans. I hope Zebo breaks through though as he is my favourite Irish winger at present and I believe he has a lot more to offer.
            Earls just re-signed a central contract with the IRFU a few weeks ago. Surely if he wasn't in Joe's plans, he wouldn't have gotten one of those?

Comment

when was the last time Earls even played? Do you want me to start trawling through my brain for exact instances where he has been headless? I gave the most prevalent in my mind, and I have given you examples of other headless examples that occur regularly in the games he plays. When he gets fit again I am sure he will demonstrate these types of instances so you can get a clear picture.

I'm sure he won't.

But hey, you stick to writing off players based on a single pass over a year ago . . . real solid stuff.

Or 'Kicking away possession'.

Im sure I must have imagined the discussion recently with a certain Irish Back 3 player who referred to the specific tactic of kicking after 3 phases. After 3 or so phases they will kick to A) try and break through and re gather ball but if not B) give the ball to the opponent before someone gets isolated etc and you concede Penalty. The giving the ball to the opponent thing is not a huge issue . . .and can often be a clear tactical choice.

So if you are worried about how Keith will do under a coach with a tactic of kicking; Don't.
              Last edited by Corcíoch; 18th-March-2014, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                The point of Earls being an instinctive player for a methodical, process driven coach is an interesting one nonetheless.
                I don't think it's as much of a dichotomy as some have suggested. Earls is a very disciplined player who is stronger physically and in defence than he's given credit for. Joe has namechecked him countless times since he's been injured ahead of other players. I think he's exactly the type of player Joe likes - he understands his role in the team, he's adaptable and he has the technical skills to do things most players can't. He might be instinctive but he's the sort of player who adds something extra to a methodical team while also doing the basics right.

Comment

Last years six nations game springs to mind, where BOD ran a great support line and he was completely oblivious. If you want examples of him attempting silly chip and runs, then just watch any match he plays. He usually does it a few times per game, gifting possession to the opposition.
                  The BOD thing was done to death on here at the time. My own view would be that the camera from the Scotland end clearly shows him get the ball in two hands and look to pass - unfortunately at exactly the moment that BOD is directly behind him. You can argue that his decision to take the man on the outside was incorrect (in my opinion it was) but you can't blame him for not passing to a fella he didn't know was there...

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                    Simon Zebo told The Rugby Club that his friendships in Munster convinced him to turn down a high-profile move to Toulouse.

The wing, who has emerged as one of the hottest properties in rugby, has an Irish mother, but his father is from Martinique and served in the French commando unit
                    As a French-speaker with family across the Channel, he admits he was tempted when Top 14 giants Toulouse came calling for his signature.

But the 22-year-old instead opted to sign a three-year deal to remain in Munster and says he's excited about continuing with the young group of players that Rob Penney has assembled.

"At the moment there's a great crop of players here at Munster, some great fresh and young players."
                    Simon Zebo
                    "With the French background, speaking French and having family over in France, it was a tough to turn down," Zebo admitted.

"But at the moment there's a great crop of players here at Munster, some great fresh and young players.
                    "I'm playing with my best friends here and I'm just really loving my rugby here at Munster, it's brilliant."
                    Don't think he says he was made an "offer" by Stade Touousain !! A load of innuendo about French speaker etc etc which then makes a link to joining them. I speak French but does not mean Peugeot/Renault want me to work for them !!. More than likely 2 and 2 being put together and coming up with 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
                      Don't think he says he was made an "offer" by Stade Touousain !! A load of innuendo about French speaker etc etc which then makes a link to joining them. I speak French but does not mean Peugeot/Renault want me to work for them !!. More than likely 2 and 2 being put together and coming up with 6.
                      As a French-speaker with family across the Channel, he admits he was tempted when Top 14 giants Toulouse came calling for his signature.
                      No innuendo there.

Comment

He urgently needs gametime starting this Sat. If he doesn't start there'll be chaos here.
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

• 'Zebo: What does he need to do?'

Secure a spot on the Leinster bench-
                          This guarantees you a spot on the Irish squad even if there are better players available, in JS's Ireland.
                          Last edited by Daithi; 30th-March-2014, 09:17.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Ah jebus don't start that again
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                            X