Zebo: What does he need to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zebo: What does he need to do?

I've had my fair few at this stage, and I tend to ramble on anyway, so I'll keep it short.

For one reason or another Zebo isn't on his radar.

I know we talk about that it's not based on rugby, and there may be a personal issue, and maybe that's just Muster bias, may it's not.

What does Zebo have to do to get on the Irish team because right now, even with behind players like Average Dave making the starting 15 (God only knows who) he's not on Schmidt radar.
    Some would suggest that if he can't make it now with all the injuries, will he make it when players have returned.

So in all seriousness, what does Zebo have to do to get on the Irish team?

(When sober, I will probably regret posting this as it will probably turn into WUM central, but fck it.
    ..When in Rome. )
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

He will not grace this years 6N and will probably but not definitely go to Argentina for the development tour. Someone will have to carry the tackle bags.
    Mumha Abu

Comment

With Fitzgearld and Earls hopefully fit, and if gilroy gets back into some form, them I don't see how he will be in the Argentenian squad in current ranking.

Its probably best to park this issue as nothing is going to come of it unless he goes on to show something of world class quality in the HEC knockouts. He is the Big Bob Casey of wingers.
      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Get a transfer to Les Dames?
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
          I've had my fair few at this stage, and I tend to ramble on anyway, so I'll keep it short.

For one reason or another Zebo isn't on his radar.

I know we talk about that it's not based on rugby, and there may be a personal issue, and maybe that's just Muster bias, may it's not.

What does Zebo have to do to get on the Irish team because right now, even with behind players like Average Dave making the starting 15 (God only knows who) he's not on Schmidt radar.
          Some would suggest that if he can't make it now with all the injuries, will he make it when players have returned.

So in all seriousness, what does Zebo have to do to get on the Irish team?

(When sober, I will probably regret posting this as it will probably turn into WUM central, but fck it.
          ..When in Rome. )
          You do realize the louder the fan and media campaign to get him in, no matter how justified it is, is making it more likely that Schmidt won't pick him.
          Coaches are stubborn at the best of times, but when he has to start defending certain selections to the media, the more determined he'll be to see his selections work.
          anyway, Bowe is more likely to get back in ahead of zebo.

Comment

Zebo and in fact all Munster players will have the opportunity to make their statement to St. Joe at the palindrome on the 29th of this month.
            If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

I find it very frustrating that someone like Dave Kearney is in ahead of him, we see him as average, are the rest of them seeing something different to what we are? Is he fantastic Dave to the rest of the country and average Dave to us?
              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

I think he needs to get orange boots and start a twitter account like this one
                "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

I think Zebo should tell Joe to shove it up it up his arse.It's not like Zebo will become a millionaire just because he's selected in an Irish team.

Comment

Even the Eyetalians acknowledge Zebo.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

He needs to be better than the players ahead of him?

In the last 9 months for Zebo he's played like a drain against the US, totally uninterested with his mind on the plane to Australia. Then he failed to make an impact on the Lions tour. Then he managed some unsavoury summer events before returning to Munster overweight, underperforming and only getting starts on reputation. Then there was a long term injury and he made a couple of bench cameos against soft teams in the hec.
                      That was what Schmidt had to go on when he was formulating his plans for this Six Nations and it's downright ridiculous that people are in anyway surprised or outraged that he considers him down the pecking order. And now apparently making a bit of an effort for the first time in 9 months and impressing against rabo reserve sides is "what more can he do" territory. Crazy, I rate Simon very highly as a player but he needs to show what he can do in the big games and come back to pre-season next year with a better attitude before he deserves consideration.

Comment

RoG suggested in recent interview http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-na...ext-wednesday/ seemed to say despite his being a Zebo fan, he could understand what Joe Schmidt was doing.

Once someone had the jersey, the person wanting to displace them had to be around 30% better than the incumbent, and that was the way things had always been (and that while Zebo had played well recently perhaps the matches/opponents had been below international standard).

Maybe Zebo getting a few tries against Leinster on March 29 might help.

Comment

Originally posted by anno12 View Post
                          Once someone had the jersey, the person wanting to displace them had to be around 30% better than the incumbent.
                          Are you using OPTA stats?
                          Last edited by The Word Is Born; 8th-March-2014, 23:31.

Comment

Apologies this is response to Reus.

Much like you I'm going to go low and say short of getting his head kicked by POC exactly what has Dave contributed on the pitch to play for Leinster let alone Ireland. For your information Zebo touched down with his first touch for the lions only to be ruled out by tmo. Zebo like Bowe acores tries and brings a buzz to any back line
                            Last edited by Rebel Yell; 8th-March-2014, 23:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                              He needs to be better than the players ahead of him?

In the last 9 months for Zebo he's played like a drain against the US, totally uninterested with his mind on the plane to Australia. Then he failed to make an impact on the Lions tour. Then he managed some unsavoury summer events before returning to Munster overweight, underperforming and only getting starts on reputation. Then there was a long term injury and he made a couple of bench cameos against soft teams in the hec.
                              That was what Schmidt had to go on when he was formulating his plans for this Six Nations and it's downright ridiculous that people are in anyway surprised or outraged that he considers him down the pecking order. And now apparently making a bit of an effort for the first time in 9 months and impressing against rabo reserve sides is "what more can he do" territory. Crazy, I rate Simon very highly as a player but he needs to show what he can do in the big games and come back to pre-season next year with a better attitude before he deserves consideration.
                              Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Working...
                              X