Your one and only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your one and only

From u'5's to International Rugby, lets be having it, the moment that did it for you, just the one, please, if it's done it's done.
    One of the techie brightsparks might put together an auld Vijo for us all to watch over the Christmas. 100 moments in Irish Rugby from the BJ era, ie before Joe.
    Thanks

There is a big man of Tyrone,
    picked up Gregan,
    most-capped of them all,
    put him under one arm
    and would not put him down
    'til the Qantas caught up
    with its own.
    Last edited by ustix; 25th-February-2014, 11:50.
    Gwan Joe!!

Simon Geoghegan - Twickenham
    Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
      From u'5's to International Rugby, lets be having it, the moment that did it for you, just the one.

picked up Gregan,
      most-capped of them all,
      put him under one arm
      'til the Qantas caught up
      with its own.
      Genia?
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

ROG try Lansdowne Road 2006
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
          Genia?
          O deary me.
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Your one and only

2004 win in Twickenham doing the conga around Soho and up Shaftsbury avenue out of the Lyric pub. Brilliant day and even made it home safely. It felt like we were at the beginning of great times and so it proved even if we could never beat the chuffing French, maybe this year will be different.
            Last edited by the plastic paddy; 25th-February-2014, 16:31.

Comment

Take 2:

picked up Geni
              as if he were ball,
              put him under one arm
              til the Quantas caught up
              with its own.
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Either Michael Kiernan's drop goal against England or Ginger McLoughlin's carrying the English pack over the line...

Comment

I was going to pick Stringer's try in the '06 final, but Quinny provoking Pelouse into kicking him up the hole and getting him binned as a result was pretty f*cking funny ...
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

2nd February 1980, Moss Keane scores a try against Scotland. Brings a tear to the eye now just seeing it again.

Comment

One and only.. hard..

Once during a schools game i got 3 tries, 2 from charge downs on their outhalf and the 3rd from a chip & chase, (completely miss-hit the chip/kick, should have been a garryowen), thought i was the next Ollie Campbell.

as a fan,

running on to Lansdowne pitch after Ireland won the Triple crown in 82
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Can't decide between McLoughlin's try in '82 against England or Mannion's try v Wales in '89......

Gonna go with this one

Comment

Many things, many games, whether it was School's rugby or heading off to Landsdowne, heck even when I stepped on the pitch at 38 to have a go at playing women's rugby and spinning out of a tackle much like Zebo to pass off to a lock who scored. Phil Orr called out one day to school and that was a thrill but 2 things still send the shiver up my spine: Bull crying at Ireland v England in Croke park and The all Munster HAka v the All blacks. I thought I would pass out merrily and be done.

Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Lap of honour in that shyt hole in Lille, I thought we were done for good.

The silence for the Haka in TP, then the unison of that roar, that roar came from 120 miles around Thomond Park. The entire province roared as one, we were singular.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                              Can't decide between McLoughlin's try in '82 against England or Mannion's try v Wales in '89......

Gonna go with this one
                              Should have gone under the posts

Comment

Working...
                              X