X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Marler was all over him in scrum. Plus he can barely walk around the pitch at this stage
    So he was tighthead in a dominant scrum, was one of the top tacklers in the team and yet you think he was beaten in the scrum and did nothing around the park....

Leave a comment:

• whimpersnap
    replied
    Originally posted by Reus View Post
    Ross was looking pretty dominant on Saturday.
    Most tackles outside the back row too.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Marler was all over him in scrum. Plus he can barely walk around the pitch at this stage

Leave a comment:

• Aussiedub
    replied
    We should have blooded them during the Autumn internationals but Joe chose not to. Still only 1 win from 3 in that series.
    you mean like giving caps to Archer, McGrath, Henshaw, Kearney, Fitzpatrick and also giving Marshall, Jackson and Madigan game time...

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    Ross, Darcy, BOD too old, too slow. A dominant tighthead and a pair of centres would give us an extra edge we could build off. We have the wings if he picks them for their flair rather than their error count

Leave a comment:

• outside inside
    replied
    We've been blooding players left, right and centre post-2009. We have options everywhere aside from 10 and 13, the strength of our wolfhounds team this year was ridiculous and all our provinces are running riot with those left behind from the extended squad. We don't need more depth or cover, we need to focus on the strength of the team we intend to take to the field.
    Agree 100% look after those with knocks POM, BOD etc but keep changes to the starting side to a minimum . There is scope to look at the bench and bring them on earlier but only when the match is won . We need a good points difference from this match . We have a great chance at winning a championship a big win over Italy would send the team to Paris in great spirits and with silverware in sight .

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Ross, Darcy, BOD too old, too slow. A dominant tighthead and a pair of centres would give us an extra edge we could build off. We have the wings if he picks them for their flair rather than their error count

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    We've been blooding players left, right and centre post-2009. We have options everywhere aside from 10 and 13, the strength of our wolfhounds team this year was ridiculous and all our provinces are running riot with those left behind from the extended squad. We don't need more depth or cover, we need to focus on the strength of the team we intend to take to the field.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    We should have blooded them during the Autumn internationals but Joe chose not to. Still only 1 win from 3 in that series.
    Now Sewa, you know as well as I do that tis all but a learning curve and that what goes up must come down

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Last season we blooded players through injury etc and lost to Scotland/Italy/England and now people want to repeat that??

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Exactly - you'd swear we were winning the championship every season FFS
    Nice effort, you sound pretty convincing

Leave a comment:

• Ron Swanson
    replied
    I'd like to see us win the tournament we're in
    Exactly - you'd swear we were winning the championship every season FFS

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    The answer is zero because such nonsense isn't in the dictionary for winners.
    Where do I get a copy of that then? Can I get a live reading from a Californian with a head mic while we all whoop and shout YEAH!! at all?

Leave a comment:

• Red Hand Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by scotscor View Post
    I relaise this is mad, but I'd change the lot and go for a younger ball carrying fifteen:
    Kilcoyne Cronin Moore
    Henderson Ryan
    Ruddock Copeland TOD
    Marmion Jackson
    Luke Fitz Marshall Henshaw/ Cave McFadden
    Zebo.

We need tries and lots of them, the above team is full of try scorers. Bring back the old men for the french game.
    Mad ted, completely mad. All of those guys could justifiably make a case to start with, perhaps the exception of Copeland who is still living off a couple of good HEC games, but to throw them all in together would be suicide.

I would personally probably make 6/7 changes to the starting team infiltrating-McGrath, Moore, Ryan, Henderson, Jackson, Marshall and Zebo but can't realistically see more than 3-, Henderson to 6, Marshall to 12 and perhaps Gazebo into the back three.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X