Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be more Munster Players in the Irish squad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should there be more Munster Players in the Irish squad?

Munster's form this season has been excellent. I know we still haven't reached the 'business end' of the season but I do feel that there could a lot more Munster players in the Irish squad.

What do you think?

Nah,they are not as good as world class operators like Jordi Murphy, Average Dave and Fergus Mc Fadden . Obviously we have no one in our front row to compete with the Leinster chaps on the bench either.

Comment

Radio 1 2pm tomorrow talk to Joe

Comment

It will be intriguing to see his squad next year. Earls fit, Payne eligible, Zebo still alive and probably scoring tries, JJ and PJ a year further on. Conway showing today what he could become pretty quickly. Killer/Cronin Archer, and TOD actually starting in Munster compared to the bench boys.

We have a potentially excellent squad if he broadens his horizon.
        "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

The whole experience thing kinda bugs me. Such and such a person doesn't have enough experience for international rugby..my arse. How are these young talented guys suppose to get experience if they arent given a chance? JJ has every reason to be in the squad if Madigan or Jackson are there. Our front row is very good regardless of who we put there. Zebo, Keatley, Coughlan, Johnny Murphy, Dougall? Dougall and Johnny Murphy have been excellent this season.

Comment

Jorno alert....

Sick of these guys fishing for opinions and writing them in their papers! Go form ur own opinions!
            "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by Bash View Post
              Jorno alert....

Sick of these guys fishing for opinions and writing them in their papers! Go form ur own opinions!
              I work for a water company.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                It will be intriguing to see his squad next year. Earls fit, Payne eligible, Zebo still alive and probably scoring tries, JJ and PJ a year further on. Conway showing today what he could become pretty quickly. Killer/Cronin Archer, and TOD actually starting in Munster compared to the bench boys.

We have a potentially excellent squad if he broadens his horizon.

Not so fast. Joe has the whole of the Leinster Academy to get through first/
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Jorno alert....

Also not a huge market for rugby journalism over here in the US...

Comment

Originally posted by etcpostmaster View Post

I may have talked too quick, my apologies

we have lots of jornos coming in and doing what i was talking about around here!

There are places in the States were there is a very strong rugby following no?
                    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

I may have talked too quick, my apologies

we have lots of jornos coming in and doing what i was talking about around here!

There are places in the States were there is a very strong rugby following no?
                      Its improving in popularity but theres still a ways to go. Actually quite a few people play rugby at amateur level. There's usually a rugby team in most major towns and cities. Most colleges and Universities have a rugby team aswell. The game gets very little tv coverage and that the problem in my opinion.

I live in the south where football( especially college football) is the be all and end all

Comment

I live in the south where football( especially college football) is the be all and end all
                        God help you putting up with that crap week in week out. Must be the longest borefest field "sport" of all time.

Do the college/University clubs operate open door policies or are they confined to students ?

Comment

I think you'll find you're a "Jorno", whatever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
                            God help you putting up with that crap week in week out. Must be the longest borefest field "sport" of all time.

Do the college/University clubs operate open door policies or are they confined to students ?
                            Yeah, i tried to get into american football, when in rome and all that jazz, but it really is a god awful sport. i wont get into it.... but yeah actually club teams and college teams( back to the rugby) are generally very welcoming to anyone wanting to play. The club i used to play for generally allows anyone to come and train for free. Those who develop an interest and want to play matches have to pay a membership fee and register with usarugby.com but all in all they try and get as many people involved which is great. Theres also a huge social aspect to it.

The st. patricks day rugby tournament in savannah is one of the biggest in the country and mens, womans, over 45s, military teams and so on fly in from all over the country and some over seas teams are involved. By far the best sporting event i ve been to by a country mile. And the best part is you can pretty much walk up to any team, ask them if they need someone, grab a jersey and your good to go!

Comment

I misread your post. Im not sure about university/college teams but I think you have to be enrolled to play. But there are plenty of non university/ college clubs as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X