Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Schmidt's selections are Leinster biased?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you believe Schmidt's selections are Leinster biased?

Be interesting to know what the broader view is or if it's just the usual suspects going on about the boys in bleen.
    Yes, to the detriment of the team
    30.08%
    No, his selections are on merit
    15.04%
    50/50 calls going to Leinster but nothing greatly unreasonable
    54.89%

A rhetorical question.
    Mumha Abu

Comment

I have to say the point about Kilcoyne not benefiting from squad rotation was well made, seems fairly one way at the moment.

Joe, you've jumped the fence baby.

Comment

He's clearly biased against Munster. There's no other reason he'd so inexplicably favour D4 heads like Mike "Fiachra" Ross and Sean "Tarquin" Cronin.

Comment

This poll is a bit of a wedge,

Comment

Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post
            I have to say the point about Kilcoyne not benefiting from squad rotation was well made, seems fairly one way at the moment.

Joe, you've jumped the fence baby.
            rot, McGrath is by far the better LH. gap between Healy and McGrath closer than gap between McGrath and Killer.

still expect Kilcoyne to bench against Italy

Comment

No.

Comment

Yes
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I don't.

No different to any other coach, he has achieved great things with a set of players, and will consciously or subconsciously rely on what he's relied on before.

Has he a vendetta against Munster? No, I don't think so.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Not in my view.

A lot of the selections are marginal calls which are convieniently boxed off as "provincial bias" when he picks blue instead of red. It helps give some posters something to do during the day.

Only bone of contention IMO is Murphy over TOD. I'd pick TOD but JS gets paid to get these calls right so if he loses he'll get it in the neck for that one.

Other like Donncha Ryan and Zebo haven't played enough rugby in my view and obviously Keith Earls is injured. Quite conceivable had injuries not intervened Munster would have 6 out of the 15 starting on Saturday.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Amazing how ever marginal call goes to Les Dames
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

TOD has experience and form, and should get any 50/50 call between Murphy/Ruddock on the one hand and lose out to SOB on the other hand. Big call as this will be a physical contest par excellence, Murphy is unproven at this level and will almost certainly be called upon to play. Fairly callow bench generally. Best of luck to him. First away match and first in top competition. Any real Leinster bias on the other hand would have Madigan in for Jackson.

Comment

It's not a problem as long as your winning, and stay as lucky with injury.

with 15 minutes to go and we are chasing a game in twickenhham does j murphy have enough experience to be brought on? Is McFadden the guy to create or finish something?

if we lose to England by only a few points then is the selection the reason?

Comment

Where is the option for yes I agree he has picked 23 Irishmen that hopefully will beat England , I think there is a lot of over reaction to the irish squad by a minority of supporters here .the Irish team has been swings and roundabouts for years with the numbers from each province playing for their country, get behind the team .

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                              Where is the option for yes I agree he has picked 23 Irishmen that hopefully will beat England , I think there is a lot of over reaction to the irish squad by a minority of supporters here .the Irish team has been swings and roundabouts for years with the numbers from each province playing for their country, get behind the team .

Nobody is is saying they are not supporting the team, but there is a lack of understanding of why certain calls are being made, and the close ones are all going in one way, and this May not be the best thing for the team

Comment

Working...
                              X