X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
    In the same time McFadden played nearly 320 mins and when you're out with a broken hand it's far easier to retain fitness compared to having a foot injury though
    Given the size Zebo was when he broke his foot and the size he was when he came back in Kingsholm he must have been able to do something during those intervening months.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    A very strange game, it was strangley edge of your seat stuff despite the French looking dead and buried from about 35minutes through to the 75th in the build up to Fickou's try but England couldn't get the 8 clear they needed to kill them off properly.

I'd fancy our chances against both after it.
    I thought both sides ran out of gas, they might be powerful but they pay for that in the final quarter when the belly carrying takes its toll. The England scrum is a liability for them without Corbesiero, five penalties and a free out of 10 I think was the count. The French half back starters were jokeshop. as a friend said to me yesterday, it was a good game to watch but that might be because the two teams were equally poor. Lawes had the best game I have seen out of him and Care was good but not a patch on Murray.

Leave a comment:

• Red Hand Hero
    replied
    A very strange game, it was strangley edge of your seat stuff despite the French looking dead and buried from about 35minutes through to the 75th in the build up to Fickou's try but England couldn't get the 8 clear they needed to kill them off properly.

I'd fancy our chances against both after it.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    Are you talking about McFadden?
    In the same time McFadden played nearly 320 mins and when you're out with a broken hand it's far easier to retain fitness compared to having a foot injury though

Leave a comment:

• sylvain84
    replied
    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
    French started with the wrong scrum half. Very poor, slow to rucks etc.
    Doussain made a poor match, probably his worst of the year, but he plays for a while like fly-half with Toulouse (because of McAlister's injury) it's not easy to change of post. He is intrinsically our best scrum-half.

Leave a comment:

• 5eight
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Anyone who isn't in awe of ROG is a fool
    Obviously there are low standards in Thomondgate, Cork and now The Netherlands

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    He has played about 80 mins in the last 3.5 months so isn't at full fitness and with Jackson on the bench he can't sub so he's better off playing for Munster
    Are you talking about McFadden?

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by joconnell View Post
    Individual brilliance versus fitting into the team mentality? You never know what's going on in the camp.
    It certainly makes you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Every English rugby supporter I have spoken to thinks the omission of Zebo is madness. He would walk into any other team in the tournament bar Wales and Joe has him behind Trimble and Dave Kearney.
    He has played about 80 mins in the last 3.5 months so isn't at full fitness and with Jackson on the bench he can't sub so he's better off playing for Munster

Leave a comment:

• joconnell
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Every English rugby supporter I have spoken to thinks the omission of Zebo is madness. He would walk into any other team in the tournament bar Wales and Joe has him behind Trimble and Dave Kearney.
    Individual brilliance versus fitting into the team mentality? You never know what's going on in the camp.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    The squad for the England game hasn't been picked yet

Leave a comment:

• Aussiedub
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post
    If only we had another winger with game breaking ability available to us. Oh.
    The squad for the England game hasn't been picked yet

Leave a comment:

• Kevin77
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    Earls looking like a bigger loss than ever, looking at that England defense.
    If only we had another winger with game breaking ability available to us. Oh.

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    If you get into a dogfight with england you'll suffer badly. The key is to run them ragged and keep them guessing. Huwie's crowd have the spark out wide to beat them. The question is whether we will have the invention and pace to run at them .
    Earls looking like a bigger loss than ever, looking at that England defense.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    France are slowly rehabilitating themselves. That's two good performances in a row and it looks a team playing in spite of the clown managing them.

Fickou and fofana is potentially the best centre partnership in the world.

Was very impressed with England we are going to be steeped to beat them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X