No announcement yet.

Expectations for 6N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Frogs already have one win chalked own over Ireland in Paris so no wooden spoon for them
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

I wouldn't be too bothered about the 6N, sure it makes me a bit giddy now and again, there's a bit of excitement in it and all that, but I'd expect three home wins and one win from our two away matches. Anything less and the coach should be fired, players dropped and heads to roll.
      Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Reckon Barnes is the closest of those predictions. I think England will win it, 2-3-4 is close but if you put a gun to my head I would say Wales second, Ireland third, France fourth.

Comment

6N has just become a pre-Lent penance for me now. Every Munster collision gets a decade on the beads if survived. My expectation is to lose at least one of ours to injury for the QF. My hope is we all survive.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonMunster View Post
            6N has just become a pre-Lent penance for me now. Every Munster collision gets a decade on the beads if survived. My expectation is to lose at least one of ours to injury for the QF. My hope is we all survive.
            Was just wondering if I would post something similar.
            I'm torn between a churlish don't care and the thought of POC lifting the trophy/ies. And would love to see Ireland win a slam. Hope someone has told Joe that Deccie won the slam in his first year of coach. No pressure Joe. Not sure we have the team--bit too old to last the 5 games but C'mon Ireland.
            Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork View Post
              If Wales win again I think it will long past time that England, Ireland & France have a very long look at what they are doing. The Welsh teams were abysmal once again in the level below (H-Cup) - and I don't think there were many Welsh standout performers in the non-welsh teams either. If that can be turned into a championship wining side, I think the coaches of the other 3 nations got to start asking themselves what Gatland is doing that they are not.

Very hard to call the winner. France v England is going to tell a lot. The winner of that one is going to feel in a strong position (and pick up a lot of confidence). Ireland to win home games is a minimum. It'll be a very bad debut for schmidt if that doesn't happen unless he wins both or at least 1 away game (very unlikely as our confidence will nose dive) to compensate. 3 home wins = pass, 3 + 1 away = honours, GS = A+ obviously. O'Brien being fit would have put us in GS teritory but without him, we are going to miss something.
              Any chance the answer is Gatland? Whatever shade of a d*ckhead some people think he is the man is a winner, that cannot be disputed at this point.

I personally think that Schmidt could turn out to be a more strategically intelligent version of Gatland if he's given a chance, only time will tell.

I have had the pleasure of spending a short time with both men (on separate occasions) and very early on you get the impression from both of them that failure is not something they understand or tolerate.
              Cheap Imitation Old Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Salamanca View Post
                Any chance the answer is Gatland? Whatever shade of a d*ckhead some people think he is the man is a winner, that cannot be disputed at this point.

I personally think that Schmidt could turn out to be a more strategically intelligent version of Gatland if he's given a chance, only time will tell.

I have had the pleasure of spending a short time with both men (on separate occasions) and very early on you get the impression from both of them that failure is not something they understand or tolerate.
                Nice fellas HS?

Schmidt seems a genuine and affable chap

Gatland has a cold demeanour when interviewed, but I'd say he's quiet and different to the Rottweiler persona?
                I am the million man.

Comment

We're full of SuperBlues so i won't accept anything less than a record making Grand Slam!
                  Leinsterfans regarding Penney - "Terrible news for those few Munster fans who could see where he was heading. He was slowly changing the mindset down there and managing to coax the players to Leinsters style of play. "

Courtesy of Leinsterfans.com

Comment

I think the Wales "enigma" in terms of international success vs regional failure is quite straightforward, to be honest. They have a relatively small collection of truly top class players. You can't build three regions on two wingers, a full back, two centres, one scrum half, one blindside, two opensides, one tighthead etc but (if you can stay lucky with injuries) you can build a great team.

They have a significant number of players who are the best at their jobs in the 6N. They just don't have all that many players beyond them.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I expect Ireland's Call to be replaced by Molly Malone .
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Here

Come on Ireland. We all in this together
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                          I think the Wales "enigma" in terms of international success vs regional failure is quite straightforward, to be honest. They have a relatively small collection of truly top class players. You can't build three regions on two wingers, a full back, two centres, one scrum half, one blindside, two opensides, one tighthead etc but (if you can stay lucky with injuries) you can build a great team.

They have a significant number of players who are the best at their jobs in the 6N. They just don't have all that many players beyond them.
                          It's quite interesting to compare our wolfhounds team with a Welsh selection minus their matchday squad. Huge gulf in depth between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Wash your mouth out Balla, the reason the Welsh regions are crap is because they keep getting a hiding off of the Irish teams in the pro 12, if they were playing against their 'traditional' opponents in England they would win the super duper champions cup every year for ever.

To be sensible, are they lucky with injuries, or is it organisational?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              Here

Come on Ireland. We all in this together
                              Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!
                              So much heartbreak after so much joy. God I want to see them beaten by us.
                              Take it out on every other team in the 6 nations lads. Tear it up!
                              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Clearly that was close to the zenith of performance levels, I think Schmidt's first job is to smooth out the levels of performance, moving away from peaks and troughs to a more generalised level of winning rugby
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X