X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by Reus View Post
    Would like him to stay until the world cup to be honest, the role himself and D'arcy play for Ireland doesn't require huge bursts of pace, so while he's physically capable he'll certainly have the positional sense to tide him over. If he gets surpassed before then like bull then so be it but I'd have serious reservations about Marshall and especially Henshaw being the top class international centres we need them to be next September. People who think they'll come right through exposure
    Rank bait

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    Originally posted by james_a View Post
    Heaslip on newstalk earlier saying BOD might stay another year
    Would like him to stay until the world cup to be honest, the role himself and D'arcy play for Ireland doesn't require huge bursts of pace, so while he's physically capable he'll certainly have the positional sense to tide him over. If he gets surpassed before then like bull then so be it but I'd have serious reservations about Marshall and especially Henshaw being the top class international centres we need them to be next September. People who think they'll come right through exposure

Leave a comment:

• Hector Salamanca
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Gotta love the way Quinnie says 'you-ge' for Huge every time he's on

Says it at least 3-4 times per interview!
    And the dirty looks Greenwood gets when he cuts him off are always amusing...

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector Salamanca View Post
    Just like Quinnie....
    Gotta love the way Quinnie says 'you-ge' for Huge every time he's on

Says it at least 3-4 times per interview!

Leave a comment:

• Hector Salamanca
    replied
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    He's done some punditry already, hasn't he? Can't remember if it was Sky or the Beeb but he was very good. By the time he's written a couple of books and taken Hooks place next to ROG on the RTE panel he'll be in clover.
    Yes, he did a guest appearance on Sky for the H-Cup round 2 matches in about 2010 or 2011 while out with a shoulder injury if I recall. Did pretty well too, can read the game well, but that's hardly a surprise...

Leave a comment:

• Hector Salamanca
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    That's almost a given shirely. Well heeled, well spoken west Brit sure the anglo's will just eat him up.
    Just like Quinnie....

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
    After what we did to New Zealand our psyche and minds should never be allowed again shout 'retreat'. Every one of those opposition are up for the guillotine and expecting anything less than the championship is no longer a runner.
    Thank you Boo-boo.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    He's done some punditry already, hasn't he? Can't remember if it was Sky or the Beeb but he was very good. By the time he's written a couple of books and taken Hooks place next to ROG on the RTE panel he'll be in clover.
    Sky iirc. heino

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Precisely lads, and if he's those gigs lined up he most likely won't be giving another 12 months on the field. he's too big a draw and too valuable an asset to be left unsigned by one of the tv channels already

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    After what we did to New Zealand our psyche and minds should never be allowed again shout 'retreat'. Every one of those opposition are up for the guillotine and expecting anything less than the championship is no longer a runner.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Red Hand Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    it was whether he has commitments in the near future I was thinking of, pundit for sky in next seasons hec etc etc
    That's almost a given shirely. Well heeled, well spoken west Brit sure the anglo's will just eat him up.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    it was whether he has commitments in the near future I was thinking of, pundit for sky in next seasons hec etc etc

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    I'd say a man of his standing won't be short of offers after rugby.

Might be ok for him to have one more season for Leinster but I would hope he either has the sense, or is told, to quit international rugby without having to go through the ignominy of being dropped.
    Or getting smashed up.

Leave a comment:

• Red Hand Hero
    replied
    I'd say a man of his standing won't be short of offers after rugby.

Might be ok for him to have one more season for Leinster but I would hope he either has the sense, or is told, to quit international rugby without having to go through the ignominy of being dropped.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X