No announcement yet.

Expectations for 6N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Grand Slam at the very least. I also expect a decent level of entertainment along with at least two new, starting caps, Henny and Marty Moore.
    Last edited by ustix; 26th-January-2014, 09:04.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Schmidt's win loss ratio is Joke!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huwie View Post

Drico's last dance in green....

Drico had his last dance vs NZ

He's a bust flush
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I'd hoped we'd have an alternative to BOD at 13 by now, but there isn't one in my view. We wasted the Autumn on that front.

I want to see some tries, and see us play a bit. Recreating the performance against the ABs seems to have become the focus, but even recreating the level of the first half in Cardiff last year would do.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            I'd hoped we'd have an alternative to BOD at 13 by now, but there isn't one in my view. We wasted the Autumn on that front.

I want to see some tries, and see us play a bit. Recreating the performance against the ABs seems to have become the focus, but even recreating the level of the first half in Cardiff last year would do.
            What did you make of Cave and Henshaw last night Balla?

Comment

Expectations for 6N

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              What did you make of Cave and Henshaw last night Balla?
              ****e conditions and no ball. Did what was asked of them, but we know Cave will do that already.

The thing that's missing from his game is that yard of gas and the eye that will open a test level defence once or twice a game.

Henshaw we're waiting to see, I suppose.

A 13 has to be either a massive unit moving at pace a la Rougerie and Tuilagi, or he has to be evasive like Earls and Fitzgerald.

It's not just replacing BOD - I don't think we're looking at options that would make Wales, France or England right now.

A lot of our other second liners would. Kilcoyne would start for England this year. So would Copeland.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                ****e conditions and no ball. Did what was asked of them, but we know Cave will do that already.

The thing that's missing from his game is that yard of gas and the eye that will open a test level defence once or twice a game.

Henshaw we're waiting to see, I suppose.

A 13 has to be either a massive unit moving at pace a la Rougerie and Tuilagi, or he has to be evasive like Earls and Fitzgerald.

It's not just replacing BOD - I don't think we're looking at options that would make Wales, France or England right now.

A lot of our other second liners would. Kilcoyne would start for England this year. So would Copeland.
                England are very weak at loose head. Really think they are going to struggle at scrumtime in this six nations.

Comment

The English media don't rate us, anyway, that's for sure. From the Times:

Stuart Barnes
                  England* (by Grand Slam, no less!)
                  Wales
                  France
                  Ireland
                  Scotland
                  Italy

Stephen Jones
                  France
                  England
                  Wales
                  Ireland
                  Italy
                  Scotland

Dallaglio
                  France
                  England
                  Wales
                  Ireland
                  Italy
                  Scotland

Token Mick Peter O'Reilly
                  France
                  Ireland
                  Wales
                  England
                  Scotland
                  Italy

Can anyone find an English journalist who thinks we will finish top 3? No? Good.

Comment

Based on last year and the Autumns, you can't blame them. We have a lot of promising players, but it's a long way back to competing for the 6N.

We've failed to win it from far stronger positions than this.

Comment

Three home wins a necessity IMO. Two good performances away from home after that would be acceptable and if you pick up one win away you are going to be close to winning a championship.

Lot will rest on how Schmidt approaches it. Not convinced he has had enough time with the players yet to be able to trust a non-Leinster player in a 50/50 or even 55/45 call in the NL players favour.

I cannot see us winning a big game with Toner in the 'row but unlikely for Schmidt to drop him. Ross will probably start despite looking increasingly unable to stick the pace. Big question marks over Sexton as well given the torrid time he has had down in Paris. Are D'Arcy and Drico still the default centre pairing? I am not convinced.

Comment

I am not generally a Sexton fan but he had a very good game last weekend against Toulouse
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by bugler View Post
                          The English media don't rate us, anyway, that's for sure. From the Times:

Stuart Barnes
                          England* (by Grand Slam, no less!)
                          Wales
                          France
                          Ireland
                          Scotland
                          Italy

Stephen Jones
                          France
                          England
                          Wales
                          Ireland
                          Italy
                          Scotland

Dallaglio
                          France
                          England
                          Wales
                          Ireland
                          Italy
                          Scotland

Token Mick Peter O'Reilly
                          France
                          Ireland
                          Wales
                          England
                          Scotland
                          Italy

Can anyone find an English journalist who thinks we will finish top 3? No? Good.
                          I know I am totally contradicting one of my own earlier posts, but where are people coming from backing France? Saint Andre has done NOTHING in coaching to prove he even knows what a rugby ball is. And they thought Lievremont was bad, ha ha.
                          Last edited by Weetabix; 28th-January-2014, 15:33.

Comment

PSA has a great squad to pick from, its not outrageous to suggest they'd perform despite him
                            My computer thinks I'm gay
                            What's the difference anyway
                            When all the people do all day
                            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                              PSA has a great squad to pick from
                              There's your problem, right there.

Comment

The only reason to back the French is because they are, well, French
                                Poor form, injuries (Dusatoir), poor selection/coaching, big question marks at OH, a suspicion they may be targeting the RWC.
                                Could you get a double on France winning one of the Championship or the Wooden Spoon?

Comment

Working...
                                X