build for the world cup
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
      build for the world cup
      Not what the 6 Nations is about Bosco
      "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

My expectations are to watch some games from my couch, and others in the pub.

I'm reasonably confident of those too.
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

JS has set his own goal of finishing in the top 2 of the 6N's. I will go with that. Think it will be tough though.
          "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
            I think England are going to struggle. They will miss Corbesiero, Cole is not the great white hope that everyone thinks he is but most importantly I think they will miss the intelligence of Parling who is hugely underrated. Robshaw and Wood are good honest pros but I think they are weak at 9 and through the midfield, I really hope Lancaster plays Goode and drops Mike Brown but he is not stupid unfortunately. I think the French performance depends on the first game, beat England, and I think they will and they will be a handful for anyone. Have the Welsh been to Spala?
            I forgot Corbisiero was out.

Parling is good but Courtney Lawes has improved immensely in the last year or so. He's an intelligent player with huge power and hasn't lost his aggressive edge although by all accounts he's managed to tone his behaviour down somewhat.

Billy Vunipola is also now a big threat.

Is Marlon Yarde available for them? Mike Brown is a terrific player. Astonishing that Charlie Sharples isn't even in the Saxons squad - not sure if there's a good reason for that, I don't really keep up with things.

Comment

Expectations for 6N

Originally posted by eoghan View Post

Parling is good but Courtney Lawes has improved immensely in the last year or so. He's an intelligent player with huge power and hasn't lost his aggressive edge although by all accounts he's managed to tone his behaviour down somewhat.

Is Marlon Yarde available for them? Mike Brown is a terrific player. Astonishing that Charlie Sharples isn't even in the Saxons squad - not sure if there's a good reason for that, I don't really keep up with things.
              Did you mean to say intelligent in relation to Lawes? That is one thing has never struck me about him. Terrific Athlete I agree but wouldn't say he would run a line out like Parling especially with slightly ropey throwers like Youngs. Agree on Sharples but, much like his team mate Simpson Daniels, I have a feeling the face doesn't fit. Interesting that Guscott advocates dropping Ashton, now he really is a thick Pr'ck.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan View Post

Yarde is out but Ashton beginning to look sharper again after a very long dip in form. I think England will do Ok. If they beat France in their first match they have us and Wales at home I think so I would say they're almost favourites. (Not sure about the Wales thing though)
                "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

If Joe doesn't go with a re-building approach, then I think a championship is the only fair expectation. I would however feel that going with the re-building approach would actually give us a better chance of that.

A lot of unkowns. How will Johny go? And if he goes as badly, will Joe step in trust one of the others? Is he going to keep going with BOD/D'Arcy, and once again will he call time on it if it looks it's needed?
                  "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

if we get luck on our side and avoid injuries to crucial players then we have a real chance of winnig the champioship.
                    france too with england at home will fancy their chances. england and wales too.
                    i would currently rate france,wales as 1 & 2 and ireland and england as pretty even as having a shout for the title.
                    the games fall ok for us , if we get 2 home wins then we will go to england with confidence, win there too and the champioship/ slam is a real possibility , albeit we may be playing france in winner take all.
                    Still there's a light I hold before me
                    You're the measure of my dreams
                    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                      If Joe doesn't go with a re-building approach, then I think a championship is the only fair expectation. I would however feel that going with the re-building approach would actually give us a better chance of that.

A lot of unkowns. How will Johny go? And if he goes as badly, will Joe step in trust one of the others? Is he going to keep going with BOD/D'Arcy, and once again will he call time on it if it looks it's needed?
                      How does the rebuilding work? Do we turf out anyone over 30?

Thats the captain and vice captain gone, Ross, BOD, Reddan, Best, McCarthy No way back for Ryan, Deccie Fitz, Bowe(30 in Feb)

So something like

Healy
                      Cronin
                      Moore
                      Toner
                      Henderson
                      POM
                      Henry(29 so may not be worth it)
                      Murphy
                      Murray
                      Sexton
                      Fitzgerald
                      Marshall
                      Henshaw
                      McFadden
                      Kearney

McGrath
                      Strauss
                      Archer
                      Tuohy
                      TOD
                      Marmion
                      Jackson
                      D.Kearney

Big turnover in nine weeks since the New Zealand performance.

Comment

Don't ye lot love being the underdogs..?
                        Nobody is going to see ye coming! Beware the sneaky paddies say I.

Drico's last dance in green....

It's hard to see Wales do it again... But that's what I said last year.
                        The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

Originally posted by the plastic paddy
                        Gwan the Welsh

Comment

There's only one player in the squad who won't be around for the RWC, the likes of Cullen, Jennings, DOC, Coughlan, Paddy Wallace etc have already been turfed out so the squad is in fairly good shape for a 2 year plan aside from BOD being there. Reddan, D'arcy, Ross and POC are going as well as they've ever been so should be fine for it.

Talking about kicking out 29 year olds (ironically or not plenty will call for it) for a tournament next September is quite funny though. One day the penny will drop for the football manager generation on how the ageing process works in real life.

Comment

I have a ticket for the final next October. Sell it to ya for €300?
                            The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

If Wales win again I think it will long past time that England, Ireland & France have a very long look at what they are doing. The Welsh teams were abysmal once again in the level below (H-Cup) - and I don't think there were many Welsh standout performers in the non-welsh teams either. If that can be turned into a championship wining side, I think the coaches of the other 3 nations got to start asking themselves what Gatland is doing that they are not.

Very hard to call the winner. France v England is going to tell a lot. The winner of that one is going to feel in a strong position (and pick up a lot of confidence). Ireland to win home games is a minimum. It'll be a very bad debut for schmidt if that doesn't happen unless he wins both or at least 1 away game (very unlikely as our confidence will nose dive) to compensate. 3 home wins = pass, 3 + 1 away = honours, GS = A+ obviously. O'Brien being fit would have put us in GS teritory but without him, we are going to miss something.
                              Last edited by Mcork; 25th-January-2014, 09:51.
                              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Schmidt must end his home losing streak.
                                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X