Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MunsterBakery
    replied
    Funny thing is for Saturday France have actually picked a good team. Fickou is finally been let play

Leave a comment:

• Bash
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    The 6N s badly needs to introduce bonus points like every other rugby competition I can think of, no excuse for being stuck in the mud.
    Its not about being stuck in the mud young david, there isnt any need for it and on these weekends were it is so tight the points difference system is superior for excitment and entertainment!

Leave a comment:

• Bash
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
    And in those 42 years France have never been so poor, Scotland should have beaten them, England would have only their game maker was inexplicably subbed.

This is our best opportunity in years.
    They were dreadful 2 years ago, prob worse than now but we still couldnt beat them.

Leave a comment:

• eoghan
    replied
    Originally posted by Daithi View Post
    The 6N s badly needs to introduce bonus points like every other rugby competition I can think of, no excuse for being stuck in the mud.
    Disagree. I love the purity: a win's a win, a defeat's nothing. It's one of my favourite things about the 6N, I've never been able to love the BP system.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Bonus points only exist in competitions where the teams play both home and away. You'd have a massive advantage in theory any year you had 3 from 5 at home although it doesn't quite work for Ireland as our 2 away are our hardest opponents

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    I expect Ireland to win, but I also expect France to compete. The bookies have it at evens, and they rarely get it wrong, so that's probably our chances. England will beat Italy, but I don't expect them to win by 50+ points, so Ireland will know what they have to do and hopefully, how to do it!

I've enjoyed the 6Ns, there's been some cracking contests e.g England v Ireland, France v England, Italy v Scotland, England v Wales, etc and I've enjoyed watching Ireland play, though I feel with the right tactics and a fit 10(sub) on the pitch Ireland could have beaten England handily enough. If Ireland win the championship by winning in Paris, it will have been a very satisfactory first 6Ns for this squad and management. The standard has been poor overall, with a tired looking Wales and a disorganised looking France not being at their best, but a win is a win.

Last edited by Daithi; 13th-March-2014, 08:52.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
    France...meh. joe...meh. Leinstertained...meh. I.ve lost my mojo.
    With all due respect boobs, meh, me hole,

G'wan Ireland

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    France...meh. joe...meh. Leinstertained...meh. I.ve lost my mojo.

Leave a comment:

• ustix
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    Except we have only won once in 42 years. I am travelling in hope rather than expectation.
    Didn't you know that St Joe has banished superstition in the name of pragmatism and efficiency and all ahead of Paddy's day?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
    Except we have only won once in 42 years. I am travelling in hope rather than expectation.
    And in those 42 years France have never been so poor, Scotland should have beaten them, England would have only their game maker was inexplicably subbed.

This is our best opportunity in years.

Leave a comment:

• The Last Stand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    The only way Ireland will not win the Championship is by losing to France. There isn't a doubt in my mind in that if we win the game we win the Championship.

Print those T-shirts.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    If Ireland win in Paris and lose on PD we will all be beyond pissed off. Can't see Italy losing by 50 at home with the set piece they have but Ireland will win comfortably in Paris IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...2003-side.html
    wee sir Clive reckons England could hit 50 + against Italy and scupper our chances

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Expectations for 6N

Was all set to be over for both games visiting family inbetween but we are set to move house, touch wood, next week so the money has to go on furniture instead.
    Last edited by the plastic paddy; 12th-March-2014, 18:17.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X