No announcement yet.

Expectations for 6N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak competition, bar SOB the other injuries are replaceable we're in a better position on the injury front than we have been in years, 3 provinces into the knockouts. We're as well set up for a very good championship as we've ever been.

Expectation is to win our home games and one of the away two barring injuries in key positions.

Comment

Championship (not a GS) might not be out of reach... Injuries to have a major impact on final standings.
      Also think that France could either be a serious contender or lose the plot all together... i/e streak of bad results + PSA getting the boot!

Comment

I am going on the Grand Slam. No ifs butts or maybes.
        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Blow the GS last game out.
          You can't beat hope followed by crashing disappointment.
          Character building.
          english by birth

Comment

Given Wales won last 2 years why do people assume it will be straight forward to beat them. I still reckon England and Wales will be top 2 teams after 5 games
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              Given Wales won last 2 years why do people assume it will be straight forward to beat them. I still reckon England and Wales will be top 2 teams after 5 games
              Didn't we beat Wales last year.....

Comment

Would love to see a Grand Slam as BOD's swansong, but I don't thing anyone will win a GS this year.
                Between ourselves, Eng & Wales...too close to call. France 4th, Scotland and Italy to fight for the Wooden Spoon.

Comment

My expectation is inconsistency. The only part of the irish team that's consistent is that its not capable of stringing performances together.

Holy Joe might prove my expectation wrong.
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                    Didn't we beat Wales last year.....
                    Yes. But that was the only game they lost
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

4 wins. Possibly champions. Really want to see some consistency and if we are dominant in a game that we are ruthless. No scraping wins against the poorer teams.
                      The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                      - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                        We beat them last year in Cardiff, we beat them the year before except for Rodney's (Wayne Barnes) bull**** peno at the end.

The fact that they are away games aside I fear France and England the most. England are building well, the beat the Wallabies in the Autumn and I am betting on a huge regroup from France after last year.

Comment

We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                            We beat them last year in Cardiff, we beat them the year before except for Rodney's (Wayne Barnes) bull**** peno at the end.

The fact that they are away games aside I fear France and England the most. England are building well, the beat the Wallabies in the Autumn and I am betting on a huge regroup from France after last year.
                            I think England are going to struggle. They will miss Corbesiero, Cole is not the great white hope that everyone thinks he is but most importantly I think they will miss the intelligence of Parling who is hugely underrated. Robshaw and Wood are good honest pros but I think they are weak at 9 and through the midfield, I really hope Lancaster plays Goode and drops Mike Brown but he is not stupid unfortunately. I think the French performance depends on the first game, beat England, and I think they will and they will be a handful for anyone. Have the Welsh been to Spala?

Comment

If we play like we did agaisnt the ABs then a GS but if we play like we did against Australia then 3 home wins and get out of Paris & London with our pride.

Comment

I seriously think we're in a decent position to edge the trophy. Just as I believe Wales and England are. You can never really tell how the French are going to be... so basically it is all to play for. My reckoning is whoever builds momentum in the first games will win it.
                                So hoping for a win, would be happy enough with a top 2, bitterly disappointed by anything below top 3.
                                Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X