Expectations for 6N

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expectations for 6N

So how many wins are we expecting, also what is acceptable?

Personally win three from five (all home games) would be reasonable benchmark
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

I genuinely think this might be anyones 6Nations.
    Biggest question is if have Wales got the mental fortitude to put their domestic game crisis behind them and go for it again?
    If they are wobbly it's anyone from us, Wales, England aaaaaaand at a stretch France could do it.
    Last edited by Weetabix; 24th-January-2014, 10:30.

Comment

I think Ireland are going to win the Grand Slam as long as Murray stays fit and starts every game.

Comment

A slam? It takes a damn good side to win one and we are riddled with weaknesses
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
          I genuinely think this might be anyones 6Nations.
          Biggest question is if have Wales got the mental fortitude to put their domestic game crisis behind them and go for it again?
          If they are wobbly it's anyone from us, Wales, England aaaaaaand at a stretch France could do it.
          I dont think that will be an issue for Wales at all.

Look how the recovered last year.

Comment

They'll probably take loads of reassurance from Alun Wyn Jones signing an alleged central contract and Warburton allegedly close to signing on as well, that happens and all will be well in the Valleys I'd imagine.
            Last edited by Weetabix; 24th-January-2014, 10:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
              They'll probably take loads of reassurance from Alun Wyn Jones signing a central contract and Warburton allegedly close to signing on as well, that happens and all will be well in the Valleys I'd imagine.
              Was it a central contract? I didn't see any mention of it in the report I read but it was the BBC and they probably didn't want to upset the Nigels.

Comment

Anything less than a GS will be a black mark against Schmidt. If he can't get near to what Deccie did in his first year then what was the point.
                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                  Was it a central contract? I didn't see any mention of it in the report I read but it was the BBC and they probably didn't want to upset the Nigels.
                  It's rumored to be. Will edit my original post.

Comment

I'm going to go for the Grand Slam and hopefully it will all be to play for come the weekend in France .
                    France v England this weekend and with one of them likely to lose they might have less interest in the championship.
                    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

I think they will lose in France. England is a tight call. The rest are wins for me. France's backs should be just too much for Ireland given I think the packs will be even. England's half backs for me are their weakness. They will try and kick their way to a win. If Ireland can defend well and keep good discipline than I would put them at slight favourites.
                      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Consistent performances. 3 home wins and a good crack at England and France.

Comment

So three wins and no spankings would be a decent return?
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

3 wins and no spankings is a minimum requirement in any year for me.

Reckon England are the team to beat. They're pulling things together after years in the doldrums.

Scotland seem to have undone all their slow improvements and are pretty weak again - although they managed to up their game somewhat in the AIs. Still I'd expect them to be weak, and Italy are nowhere again.

We've a pretty ordinary team at the moment - without Ferris, SOB, Ryan, Bowe and Earls we're already weakened - so I'm not expecting great things. So yes, 3 wins from 5 would probably be OK if we can run England and France close.

Comment

3 home wins minimum, assuming reasonable luck with injuries then 1 away win also. Consistent performances and some new blood coming through.

Comment

Working...
                              X