IRE-NZ game clock inconsistency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRE-NZ game clock inconsistency

Before anyone starts moaning and/or rolling their eyes: Trust me, this is interesting. As you may also know, I'm not even Irish and neither was the friend who pointed this out to me. So this isn't about bitter, home-fan bias and it ain't going to change the record books either. Still, something a rather fishy going on here...

Watch the replay of the game from around 1:27:50mark (video time):

- The ball goes into touch and the clock is at 76:53.
    - Play is then stopped for brief injury time and the Sexton-Madigan substitution
    - Ireland win the subsequent lineout, but then after about four seconds of play (1:28:37 video time), the game clock is reset to account for the previous injury, except...
    - It now reappears a full minute earlier than when the clock was actually stopped: 75:54.

Is this just a blip on this particular TV feed? I should perhaps point out that Ireland still had control of the ball by the 79th (80th?) minute...

(Rugby conspiracy theorists, eat your heart out!)
    Last edited by stickman_sa; 29th-November-2013, 14:21.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude abides.
    "Forwards win matches. Backs decide by how much." - DK

That feed must have been adjusted to the stadium clock. The tv feed there must have been running fast all the time. There will be no easing that heartbreak.
    The whole world cries out peace, freedom and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie.

Comment

That's the SKY Sports feed for New Zealand who obviously don't have official time. Look at the BBC/ RTE feed at that point in the game you'll see that the SKY feed was miles ahead of them and was reset at that point to be in sync with the BBC/RTE feed.

Comment

This is a conspiracy. We beat the All Blacks!

Comment

Down with this sort of thing
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Working...
          X