Gordon D'arcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon D'arcy

I sometimes wonder if people here are watching a different player (he's the fellow with the beard btw) from the kind of comments they have for him. To me he's playing his best rugby since 2004 and is a world class defensive 12 who is very adept at groundhog duties while throughout his career being a renowned big game player. His credentials speak for themselves and I cannot think of a single good performance this Irish team has had since the Grand slam that didn't involve him. Linebreaking isn't necessarily an essential part of playing centre, just the most attractive.
    Last edited by Reus; 21st-November-2013, 21:47.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

No more comment needed.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Darcy angered by public criticism....

Click image for larger version

Name:	gimli DTF (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	2478305
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Darcy's reaction after Luke Marshall makes five clear line breaks in a single game, offloads to two other team mates to put them in for a try each and scores a try of his own.

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

darcy was great v samoa. much maligned hereabouts.
            to me, being able to call on him this week is a silver lining, though I still find it odd that
            luke Marshall is not involved. He could be our basteraud on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by mtcmolloy View Post
              darcy was great v samoa. much maligned hereabouts.
              to me, being able to call on him this week is a silver lining, though I still find it odd that
              luke Marshall is not involved. He could be our basteraud on the bench.
              No one was great against Samoa. Samoa were awfully poor and still they managed quite a few clean line breaks, I doubt either centre enjoyed the post match analysis
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Does the mfans brains trust still not consider him worth his place?

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
                  Does the mfans brains trust still not consider him worth his place?
                  He was very good today. Better than he's been in a long time, imo. This does not enhance your standing in the world, though, contrary to popular interweb perception.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                    He was very good today. Better than he's been in a long time, imo. This does not enhance your standing in the world, though, contrary to popular interweb perception.
                    He was at the same level versus Wales and in christchurch. Name a poor game he's played for Ireland in the last 18 months.

Comment

Samoa

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        Samoa
                        A lazy effort, he had a reasonable game where we scored over 40 points and didn't concede a try.

Comment

A lazy effort, he had a reasonable game where we scored over 40 points and didn't concede a try.
                          A lazy response. It was a game against what was effectively a pub team.

Comment

He has been a great servant for Ireland and I think he gets pretty good press around here. While his illustrious colleague has taken all the plaudits, he has put his head down and delivered great performances. A few poor ones, but they are in the minority If I am honest, I had more doubts about BOD than D'Arcy coming into this game. Also, it is worth remembering that he was converted to centre by Gary Ella. Saying that, he was wreaked at the end of the game.

Comment

He was at the same level versus Wales and in christchurch. Name a poor game he's played for Ireland in the last 18 months.

Losing to England in Dublin in the last 6 nations.

Comment

Working...
                              X