Ireland v's Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland v's Australia

Well after a reasonable start lets hope for a substantial improvements against Aus. Hopefully there will be a selection like this.

Healy, Best, Fitzpatrick, Tuohy, POC, POM, SOB, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Earls, Marshall, BOD, Bowe (if fit)/Kearney, Kearney - McGrath, Sherry, Ross, McLaughlin, Henry, Reddan, Jackson, McFadden

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
    Well after a reasonable start lets hope for a substantial improvements against Aus. Hopefully there will be a selection like this.

Healy, Best, Fitzpatrick, Tuohy, POC, POM, SOB, Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, Earls, Marshall, BOD, Bowe (if fit)/Kearney, Kearney - McGrath, Sherry, Ross, McLaughlin, Henry, Reddan, Jackson, McFadden
    I think I'd keep Ross, Fitzpatrick did well when he came on but we have to try and dominate the Aussie scrum so Ross is still the man for that job IMO even if we have to take a hit around the field.

Also, dissapointingly from a Munster point of view Sherry's recent form doesn't justify selection ahead of Cronin. Given how excellent Cronin is around the field Sherry's throwing have to be perfect to demand selection, and they haven't been.

Apart from that I'd probablt keep McCarthy ahead of Touhy, I know there's big calls for Touhy and he's a much better ball carrier than McCarthy but I think we'll need McCarthy to just tackle and hit rucks, if he doesn't get the ball in his hand once I'd be happy enough!

It would be harsh to drop McFadden but I assume you're keeping him on the bench to cover wing and 12 so that's fair enough really.

Comment

No way should we be keeping Ross. The Aussie scrum is a weakpoint, rest Ross for NZ (someone go round his gaff and confiscate all the take away menus) and start a younger tighthead. There is a number of options to be blooded and until we do we will never know
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Reckon Ink Cartridge will get the call with Paulie to start in the second row. If fit both Earls & Bowe will start. SoB in for Henry.

edit: Healy to start too
        Last edited by Sulla; 11th-November-2013, 10:32.
        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Aussie defensive lineout is usually pretty nifty. They normally have a rake of jumpers to compete.
          I am the million man.

Comment

There is merit in a Cartridge / POC pairing if we send up two pods every time on their put in. Unfortunately we don't always do this but could be an interesting tactic
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
              No way should we be keeping Ross. The Aussie scrum is a weakpoint, rest Ross for NZ (someone go round his gaff and confiscate all the take away menus) and start a younger tighthead. There is a number of options to be blooded and until we do we will never know
              I disagree I have to say. Scrum is the Aussie weakpoint so I wouldn't be thinking let's blood a young lad because the Aussie's won't be good enough to expose him, I'd say play our best scrummager to make sure we make the most of that advantage [one of the few we have considering how good their backs are].

I'd see the NZ game as unwinable so we have to go all out for the Aussies. Fitzpatrick should have started against Samoa but if he has to start a game I'd give him the AB's instead of the Aussies.

As the fella says, we need to win this one!
              Last edited by déiseman; 11th-November-2013, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by déiseman View Post
                I disagree I have to say. Scrum is the Aussie weakpoint so I wouldn't be thinking let's blood a young lad because the Aussie's won't be good enough to expose him, I'd say play our best scrummager to make sure we make the most of that advantage [one of the few we have considering how good their backs are].

I'd see the NZ game as unwinable so we have to go all out for the Aussies. Fitzpatrick should have started against Samoa but if he has to start a game I'd give him the AB's instead of the Aussies.

As the fella says, we need to win this one!
                Does anyone know how Hagan is playing over at London Irish? He's form at the tail end of last season was very good . I would have had him above Fitzpatrick and Archer on the back of last seasons form

Comment

I reckon Archer, Boss and Madigan might be on the bench. I think JS needs to give as many guys game time as possible going on how the 6N went last year. I'd like to see Dave Kearney rewarded with a start as Bowe wasn't great.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by lowbatt07 View Post
                    Does anyone know how Hagan is playing over at London Irish? He's form at the tail end of last season was very good . I would have had him above Fitzpatrick and Archer on the back of last seasons form
                    The only L.I. match report I looked up all season was after JOC joined and I think Hagan was an unused sub that day but beyond that I haven't a clue how he's doing tbh. TOL is captain now though so fair dues to him, still love to see him back in red one day.

Comment

I like that team. Only quibble would be dropping Henry who I thought had a terrific match v Samoa (not saying he's better than SOB in general but big performances should be rewarded). Fitzpatrick needs more test match experience, but he has had it at this level before (played in 2 of the tests v ABs last year).

Would prefer to see Marshall start but I could understand D'arcy being chosen because of his defensive strengths which we're likely to need; ditto BOD.

I also think we need to properly blood somebody new in each test. Either give Dave Kearney a start, or Sherry, and Henshaw should be on the bench. Good for McGrath for a big performance on his debut but we've got to keep pushing one or two others.

Comment

Would be a stupid move to drop D'arcy ahead of what is really our most significant game of the series. We're either trying to win the game or we're not, and if we're not lets rest POC, POM, BOD, Best, Ross and anyone else who's important for NZ. Marshall isn't the same status and doesn't have the breakdown presence. Trying to beat Australia through attacking, creative backs would be idiotic.

There was some sense in playing Marshall against Samoa, there's none here unless we're conceding the game for the mythical "development". If ever there was a game or opponent for a D'arcy/BOD midfield it's this one, they're tailor made for this.

Comment

D'Arcy has been **** for years. Why would you play him? Apart from the beard.
                          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
                          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Bloomagooism?
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                              D'Arcy has been **** for years. Why would you play him? Apart from the beard.
                              No, he was poor for a spell around 2010-2011, when he's played he's played well in the past 2 years and you've clearly been too ignorant to notice.

Comment

Working...
                              X