Kieran read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kieran read

Is he the worlds best player? I think he has it all.
    \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

We should sign him. He could do a job for us.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

**** the beeb anyway. They told me that the game was kicking off at 08:35 and I based the start of my day around it.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Fantastic game. Very open and free flowing.

Comment

Kieran read

He just scored another smashing try. Makes ****mod edit-no abuse of players*** Heazlip look like a 3rds player.

Comment

Those last three minutes was great end to end stuff.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
              Those last three minutes was great end to end stuff.
              Phenomenal.....skill levels unreal.
              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugb...-top-1.1601710
                \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

Similar age to Heaslip, similar size actually as well yet an absolute world apart in terms of ability currently. From 2008 to 2013 Read kicked on to become the best No.8 in the world, Heaslip went from a Top-4 No.8 to being lucky to be considered in the top 8 especially when you consider people like Masoe at Toulon etc that aren't even playing international rugby.

Comment

We can knock Heaslip all day long and for good reason.. Problem is though , there are currently no viable alternatives!!

Comment

Haha, this has gone from a "isnt kieran read great" thread to "isnt jaime heaslip crap" thread in less than one page.

Jaime has his limitations alright but plenty of players arent kieran read!

Comment

There's World class No. 8's. And then there's Kieran Read.
                        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                          We should sign him. He could do a job for us.
                          At second row maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
                            Haha, this has gone from a "isnt kieran read great" thread to "isnt jaime heaslip crap" thread in less than one page.

Jaime has his limitations alright but plenty of players arent kieran read!
                            I think it's frustration to be honest. I have always been a fan of Heaslip since he was playing AIL (for Trinity or UCD?) and was that much better than the rest Mark McCall tried to sign him for Ulster. He then burst onto the scene for Leinster around 2006/2007 and kicked up a gear to making the Leinster and then Irish jersey his own. He was in stellar form the year Leinster won the HEC and was justly rewarded with a Lions selection where he had a pretty bloody good series. Since then it was been all one way traffic in the wrong direction or at the very least he's been stuck in neutral whilst his peers have pulled away. I just don't get a great vibe from him anymore and one thing you would not call Heaslip is grounded, modest or unassuming ala the article above.

The point I am trying to make that is in 2009 they were on a par, were in similar positions in their respective career's but 4 years later they couldn't really be further apart.
                            Last edited by Red Hand Hero; 21st-November-2013, 15:51. Reason: Moral of the story

Comment

I get what you are saying RHH.
                              Heaslip and read may well have been on a par back then but heaslip hasnt had the advantage of being surrounded by an all black team.
                              Bit like saying 2 kids were as smart as each other when they were 9 but then go to different schools with different standards, methods etc. You see what I mean?

The thread is about kieran read but has turned into a why isnt heaslip etc etc.
                              Heaslip does my head in but expecting him to be as good as kieran read just because they were in the same ballpark 6 years ago is just plain daft.

Comment

Working...
                              X