Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

France v Ireland Paris next March. Rip Off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France v Ireland Paris next March. Rip Off?

Got an e-mail from Killester Travel just now offering to bring me to Paris next Match on a two night package (" Included Return Charter or Schedules (sic) Flights, Airport transfers, 2 Nights Twin or Double, Continental Breakfast and Killester Travel Rep") out of Cork staying in the Marriott Rive Gauche for €525 plus Taxes of €65, a total of €590.

I looked up the Aer Lingus and Marriott sites and was quoted €399.00 return for the flights for two and a twin/Double room only in the Hotel for €298, a total of €697.

In other words Killester will bring us from the Airport to the hotel and back give us four continental breakfasts and "Killester Travel Rep" for an extra €483.
    Last edited by Piquet; 7th-October-2013, 12:18.

It wouldn't account for the full 483 euros but does the Killester Travel quote include match tickets?
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

They are a business, not a charity.
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        It wouldn't account for the full 483 euros but does the Killester Travel quote include match tickets?

No. they quote a range of prices for tickets but state these are not Face Value.
        Last edited by Piquet; 7th-October-2013, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
          They are a business, not a charity.
          They are a business charging a mark-up of of the order of 70%. That's excessive in the extreme.

Comment

You should see the profit on glasses lenses!
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Do Killester have to pay for years of cutting-edge research into their product?
              Do they only have a Ten-year Patent on their product in which they must recoup that expenditure?

I don't think so.

If it looks like a duck etc.

Comment

They all seem around the same rate. Aer Lingus is nothing to do with it. These companies charter private flights that are more expensive than commercial rates.

I saw Trevor Brennan Rugby Tours are an extra €5 but they will have Trevor Brennan and Alan Quinlan doing the rounds on tour with the lads on tour. Pals of mine were with them for the Lions and said they're very sociable with the touring fans.

Sure its more expensive than booking ourselves but I dont think anyone pretends otherwise.

EDIT: I see the Killester one says scheduled flights (aka Aer Lingus). The one with Trevor Brennan Rugby Tours we're going on is a charter flight.

Comment

Working...
                X