Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the greatest set piece tries of all time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the greatest set piece tries of all time.

Not sure if there is a thread about this anywhere but heres my favourite:

Cullen v Australia 2000.

Pretty sure most people here will have seen this but if you havent.... its amazing.

The scoring pass was forward.

Comment

Comment

or if you don't accepet that that was from a set piece, this one:

It's the same movement. (O'Sullivan's)

Comment

From 1.50 onwards here.

Comment

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

I love that try from Woody, although we did make space in theline out for him and got away with it. Great hands from Axel too
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

BOD v france 2009:

Sivivatu V lions 2005:

Rugby HQ:

Comment

Probably my favourite set piece try of all time. Still see it from time to time in age level rugby.

I also think the Baa Baas imfamous "Exeter" try against England below was a cracker.

Special mention also for this one by the Wallabies against France:

I was also a big big fan of the set piece from the scrum that we had in 2009/2010 with Ireland. I remember Brian O'Driscoll scoring the match levelling try against Australia and Keith Earls scoring a carbon copy against Fiji in the same Autumn Series. Worked well but we seemed to shelve it after that. Don't have any footage though.

I also saw someone above mention the trademark O'Sullivan dummy runner style we used to have. Another good example below:

Last edited by Dougie the Flanker; 13th-September-2013, 23:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie the Flanker View Post
                    Probably my favourite set piece try of all time. Still see it from time to time in age level rugby.

I also think the Baa Baas imfamous "Exeter" try against England below was a cracker.

Special mention also for this one by the Wallabies against France:

I was also a big big fan of the set piece from the scrum that we had in 2009/2010 with Ireland. I remember Brian O'Driscoll scoring the match levelling try against Australia and Keith Earls scoring a carbon copy against Fiji in the same Autumn Series. Worked well but we seemed to shelve it after that. Don't have any footage though.

I also saw someone above mention the trademark O'Sullivan dummy runner style we used to have. Another good example below:

Tyrone Howes try was brilliant. I havent seen that try before. Its interesting how years back, teams seemed to use alot more intricate moves off the back of a scrum or lineout. why dont they do it any more?

Comment

Heres a beauty:

Comment

Originally posted by etcpostmaster View Post
                        Heres a beauty:

**** I posted the wrong one. Still a good try though

Comment

Ah lads. Call me partisan but surely the bould, bald man of Bath's effort against Biarritz is the winner. Simplicity, guile, surprise and beautifully executed too.To think of it and that brilliant bald man in Bath.
                          Last edited by ustix; 15th-September-2013, 16:17.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
                            Ah lads. Call me partisan but surely the bould, bald man of Bath's effort against Biarritz is the winner. Simplicity, guile, surprise and beautifully executed too.To think of it and that brilliant bald man in Bath.
                            You mean this one ( with a French Commentary, for a change)

Comment

Can't find a video for this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...last-word.html
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                              X