France - New-Zealand Summer Tour 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France - New-Zealand Summer Tour 2013

I will post here all the informations about French tour in new-zealand if you are interested.

French will play 4 matches :

9th june : France - New-Zealand (Auckland)
    11th june : France - Auckland Blues (Auckland)
    16th june : France - New-Zealand (Hamilton)
    23rd june : France - New-Zealand (New Plymouth)

Saint-André will announce his list of 35 players the 14th May. Camille Lopez is announced as Fly-Half by medias (He didn't play the last match of Bordeaux-Bègles to get ready for Tour.)

Last French Tour in NZ was positive (A victory and a short defeat) but I'm more pessimistic this year.

The finalists of Top 14 will arrive a week later, and miss the first match. If we have a final Toulouse-Clermont, I don't know how will we do ...

Should be an interesting tour. It's a pity the Top14 final clashes with the first test. Even with Saint-Andre as coach, I imagine the French players could rouse themselves for a tilt at New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
      Should be an interesting tour. It's a pity the Top14 final clashes with the first test. Even with Saint-Andre as coach, I imagine the French players could rouse themselves for a tilt at New Zealand.
      Yes, but I don't know how can we do a consistent team with this time of preparation ... The finalists will arrive after two matchs of very high intensity just a few days before the second match.

We have to let at rest some players like Nicolas Mas, Pascal Papé, Yohan Maestri, or Thierry Dusautoir who play without interruption for a long time.

Some players will be selectable : Daniel Kotze, Alex Tulou, Noa Nakaitaci, or Virimi Vakatawa. And they interest PSA, I don't know what think of this ...

Comment

Originally posted by sylvain84 View Post
        Yes, but I don't know how can we do a consistent team with this time of preparation ... The finalists will arrive after two matchs of very high intensity just a few days before the second match.

We have to let at rest some players like Nicolas Mas, Pascal Papé, Yohan Maestri, or Thierry Dusautoir who play without interruption for a long time.

Some players will be selectable : Daniel Kotze, Alex Tulou, Noa Nakaitaci, or Virimi Vakatawa. And they interest PSA, I don't know what think of this ...
        What's your feeling on this mess Sylvain? Do you think they should move the Top14 or move the summer tours? Surely they could do without the 3rd to 6th place playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
          What's your feeling on this mess Sylvain? Do you think they should move the Top14 or move the summer tours? Surely they could do without the 3rd to 6th place playoffs?
          I think that we have to change the system, why not two group of 8 teams with Play-offs between the 2 better teams of each group, to play less matches that now.

And yes, I think that these play-off 3rd-6th and 4th-5th are useless, it just add new matches ...

Our players play more matches that Celtics, New-zealand, Australian, or South African, and like it's a system where just the 6 betters are qualified in HCUP, and the two last down in Pro d2, all the teams have a big pressure of results, don't try young players, and use their internationals excessively. The matches are more intense also because of this.

I think that we have to move to a system like Rabo12.

For this year I think that the solution was to do the Tour later, but I think that they did it early because of the players' holidays.
          Last edited by sylvain84; 9th-May-2013, 12:50.

Comment

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de-...38/story.shtml

PSA implies that Noa Nakaitaci and Virimi Vakatawa will be selectionned for the next Tour.

He says that he is interested by Alex Tulou, Bernard Le Roux, and Daniel Kotze too.

Comment

Rugbuy Club Toulonnais syndrom?..
              "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                Rugbuy Club Toulonnais syndrom?..
                Please... Remind me which academy those players are coming from ?

Is this a Dacquois Alzheimer ?

Comment

Forwards : Ben Arous (Racing), Debaty (Clermont), Domingo (Clermont), Ducalcon (Racing), Kotze (Clermont), Mas (Perpignan), Guirado (Perpignan), Kayser (Clermont), Szarzewski (Racing), Flanquart (Stade français), Maestri (Toulouse), Samson (Castres), Vahaamahina (Perpignan), Nyanga (Toulouse), Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Dusautoir (Toulouse), Le Roux (Racing), Claassen (Castres), Picamoles (Toulouse).

Backs :
                  Machenaud (Racing), Parra (Clermont), Michalak (Toulon), Talès (Castres), Lopez (Bordeaux-Bègles), Bastareaud (Toulon), Fickou (Toulouse), Fofana (Clermont), Fritz (Toulouse), Mermoz (Toulon), Médard (Toulouse), Nakaitaci (Clermont), Palisson (Toulon), Planté (Perpignan), Dulin (Castres), Huget (Toulouse).

Comment

Michalak? PSA really must be looking for the French equivalent of the P45.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                      Michalak? PSA really must be looking for the French equivalent of the P45.
                      It's mad to select Michalak for Next Tour when we see that he played 45 matchs this year ...

But he is a great player, I have the feeling that on this forum you judge him just to his last 6 nations ...

Comment

No, we judge him as one of the "crumbliest, flakiest..." outhalves from France. Mercurial, yes. Reliable, no.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

I ask me how will we do for first test if we have Toulouse-Clermont in Top14.

We will have just 1 left prop, 3 Third row, 2 centres, 2 wings, and 1 fullback ...

Very nice to see Ben Arous, Vahaamahina, Le Roux, Talès, and Lopez. But I don't understand why french staff persists to use Fulgence Ouedraogo, yes he has a very good ratio tackle/match, but for me, to be dragged 5 meters on the floor, with a hand hung on the jersey of opponent, it's not a tackle ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                            No, we judge him as one of the "crumbliest, flakiest..." outhalves from France. Mercurial, yes. Reliable, no.
                            Yes, it's right. For me it's a Scrum-Half and not a Fly-Half, but I persist in my idea, I think that he is better than Trinh-Duc, and that we need this player (Why not try him in Scrum-Half, like with Toulon.) His main problem is his head.

You will can see Rémy Talès, the fly-half of Castres, he is a good player, big tackle, very good animator, and clever for Drop-Goal, but he isn't a kicker ...

Comment

No Trinh-Duc shocks me! Think he's the best French 10 in France, another note is the increasing number of residency qualified players, Nakaitici, Kotze, and Le Roux the uncapped with Claasens being the other and recently capped.

Comment

Working...
                              X