The Best Irish Player This Season ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Irish Player This Season ?

As the 2012 / 13 rugby season is nearly finihed who has been the standout Irish player if there has been one ?

Peter O'Mahony , Rory Best , Cian Healy have all performed well at club and international level

My vote goes to POM
    Simon Zebo
    23.81%
    Connor Murray
    28.57%
    Peter O' Mahoney
    34.92%
    Cian Healy
    3.17%
    Rory Best
    3.17%
    Brian O 'Drisscoll
    1.59%
    Sean O Brien
    3.17%
    Craig Gillroy
    1.59%

Healy or Zebo for me are the only players to have consistently been top class all season.Healy loses out because of his brainfart v England in the 6N.

Comment

Not a great year for Irish players. Healy blotted his copy book. POC has been out most of the year. Best's throwing wobbles under pressure seem to have returned. Sexton got crocked at a crucial point in the year, as did Darcy. BOD has been hot and cold. Zebo also got crocked at a key time.

Conor Murray for me. Big hopes for Marshall for next year.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Murray for me.

Comment

Wouldn't go for Murray, he's far too slow getting the ball away from rucks, and is still very indecisive despite the huge amount of game time he has had for Munster and Ireland. Zebo for me. I can't remember the last time he put a foot wrong

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2619747560.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	2476893

Playin out of his skin this season.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Murray for me too.

p.s. this thread would have been ideal as a poll, rather than just a discussion IMHO. can you edit it to change it, Out Half???
              (or mods maybe?)

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

I hesitated between Conor Murray, Peter O'Mahony, Sean O'Brien, Rory Best, Cian Healy, and Zebo.

My vote will go for POM !

Comment

Stuart Olding!

Comment

Originally posted by El Homerino View Post
                    Stuart Olding!
                    Nobody said they had to be internationals!

Tommy is the most improved player on Munster's books this season by a country mile. One of the irreplaceable few.

Young Olding looks like he could go to test level very very rapidly indeed
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by El Homerino View Post
                      Wouldn't go for Murray, he's far too slow getting the ball away from rucks, and is still very indecisive despite the huge amount of game time he has had for Munster and Ireland. Zebo for me. I can't remember the last time he put a foot wrong
                      The day he broke it against England? His relative absence from the 6 nations limited his season for me.
                      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

D'arcy for me, been a standout performer in a number of big games throughout the season. Sexton was excellent before his injury.

Internationally I'm doing my best to pretend all six nations games after Wales didn't happen so from the 2 AI's and Wales I'd probably go with Sexton, Healy, McCarthy, Zebo and Gilroy as the ones who stood out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                          Nobody said they had to be internationals!

Tommy is the most improved player on Munster's books this season by a country mile. One of the irreplaceable few.

Young Olding looks like he could go to test level very very rapidly indeed
                          Hopefully! If he finishes the season strongly and impresses in the semi final and (if we get through)final then he will be well on his way to being capped I reckon. Hard to believe how he has shot up the ranks, he really impressed when he came on against sarries as well, posing the question should he have started after how instrumental he was in the win against Leinster the week before.
                          In regards to TOD, i have been really impressed with him this season and hopefully he can continue on his upward curve and on to the international stage next season! He will at least be a great bench option to have, which will probably put him ahead of Henry. If Henry doesn't start then there is no point in having him in the squad as he doesn't offer a lot of impact.

Henderson, TOD and Olding will hopefully push for places next year internationally. Not too shabby!

Comment

For me it's a top 5 of Murray, Zebo, POM, Gilroy and Healy in that order.
                            Newbie of the Year - Henderson, Kilcoyne, Olding
                            Most Improved - Archer, TOD, Madigan, Jackson
                            To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                              The day he broke it against England? His relative absence from the 6 nations limited his season for me.
                              Ha, he definitely put a foot wrong that day. In regards to my selection, no one really stood out for me after he got injured for obvious reasons. Since he's returned for Munster its as if he was never away, brilliant player imo. However i think it would benefit Munster, and more importantly Ireland if he moved to full back. He has all the tools to thrive in the position.
                              Last edited by El Homerino; 23rd-April-2013, 21:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X