Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref suspended for Twitter comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22207141

Welsh ref Hugh Watkins has been suspended for 12 weeks for a comment made on twitter. Can't say I can remember seeing him in the middle but this seems way too harsh, it was everyone's friend Paddy O'Brian who reported him. From what I see it should have been red and was fair comment.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2013/03/309...-against-wales
    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

I thought Paddy O'B had moved upstairs/ elsewhere, why did he get involved?

It was a tame enough tweet anyway, can't see much harm in it.

Watkins has tweeted about the chats he used to have with Frankie & Quinn in the showers in the old TP as Quinny enjoyed a smoke. He seems to have enjoyed Reffing Munster.

Comment

Paddy is looking after the 7's now.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
        I thought Paddy O'B had moved upstairs/ elsewhere, why did he get involved?

It was a tame enough tweet anyway, can't see much harm in it.

Watkins has tweeted about the chats he used to have with Frankie & Quinn in the showers in the old TP as Quinny enjoyed a smoke. He seems to have enjoyed Reffing Munster.
        Yea he mentioned that he enjoyed reffing the Irish lads in a reply to String on Twitter. As TWIB says he is in charge of 7's refs now should make the competition in the next Olympics a shoe in for a certain team in black.
        I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
          Thats Fiji ****ed so
          The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

So that's why he complained poor Hugh.

Comment

Paddy O'Brien if a blight on the game.
              Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
              Munster: Early Season
              Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
              Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
              Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

New Zealand for the 7s title so...
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Watkins retired from referreing as soon as he was suspended, cant say I blame him.

Comment

Fair ****s to Adam Jones for speaking out even though he was more than likely forced to remove his comments by the Worst Run Union.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

sounds like a real **** blizzard!
                      "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
                        Watkins retired from referreing as soon as he was suspended, cant say I blame him.
                        Not quite;
                        "He resigned immediately after being told by the Welsh Rugby Union that he faced disciplinary action."

harsh on the ref, he gets 12 weeks and the player who should have been shown red in the 7's only got 5.

Well done paddy o'brien, attention seeking muppet

Comment

And as Watkins points out, 14 weeks for spitting in someone's face and 12 weeks for typing, "Sorry that's a shocker. Had to be red no other option. We need referees to be consistent in this."

Wow! That's really showing some consistency!

Try this one on!

Decision making on disciplinary matters in rugby in general is so inconsistent that it appears totally capricious and arbitrary and has lost all credibility!

How much of a ban do I get?
                          Last edited by No. 16; 20th-April-2013, 07:24.

Comment

I think its fair enough. Nidge is going to do something on twitter to get himself sooner rather than later too.
                            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that people post on Twitter face book etc where the whole world can see,then they get upset when it goes wrong.This type of media is in the public domain,why be so stupid to expose themselves so much.Think before you type,there are consequences.No point crying afterwards.
                              Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Working...
                              X