GAA Congress Approves Use of Stadia for RWC bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAA Congress Approves Use of Stadia for RWC bid

GAA Congress meeting and voting today in Tyrone at their Annual Congress have approved the use of GAA Stadia as part of a RWC bid and the actual hosting of a RWC in 2023 or 2027.

Passed by an overwhelming majority.

Good News.

Very good news.

That was mainly a bearded Kerryman's mission - well done Seán for steering that one through.

Comment

Great news,no need for us to build a load of white elephants if we get to host the WC and the G.A.A. get goodwill,worldwide exposure and a tidy rental fee for stadiums that wouldn't be seeing any use at that time of year.Good business all round.

Comment

So we can finally use Fitzgerald stadium in honour of our new recruit ??
        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post
          Very good news.

That was mainly a bearded Kerryman's mission - well done Seán for steering that one through.
          Was a Galway motion actually from Salthill
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Great news. Now we have to win the bid. Would be great for the country.

Comment

Well done the GAA. Brilliant news.

Comment

A great day for the parish!!
                "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  Was a Galway motion actually from Salthill
                  Sean Kelly is making a nice living off rule 42. It nicely brushes over his ineptitude in other areas.

Whats great about this is that it's getting so little notice. Hopefully we'll see a revamped PUC and Fitzgearld Stadium hosting games in a RWC. Perhaps even Salthill over the sports grounds too. Amazing the capacity the GAA grounds give.
                  "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                    So we can finally use Fitzgerald stadium in honour of our new recruit ??
                    No because the GAA don't own it.
                    We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                    Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Quick, someone post a pic of McBain doing stand-up.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what stadia are chosen to be upgraded. From my limited following of GAA it seems all the big stadia except for Clones (?) and Croke park are in Munster? Will we end up building a large stadium in somewhere like Westmeath just for the hell of it?

PUC is the obvious one to do up in Munster though with Cork's GAA traditional reluctance to opening the stadia and the role Kelly played in getting Croke park opened might see a Kerry one pushed ahead.
                        It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Casement park is getting redeveloped ???
                          "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
                            Will be interesting to see what stadia are chosen to be upgraded. From my limited following of GAA it seems all the big stadia except for Clones (?) and Croke park are in Munster? Will we end up building a large stadium in somewhere like Westmeath just for the hell of it?

PUC is the obvious one to do up in Munster though with Cork's GAA traditional reluctance to opening the stadia and the role Kelly played in getting Croke park opened might see a Kerry one pushed ahead.
                            As I understand it its

Croke Park
                            Gaelic Grounds
                            Salthill
                            Casement Park
                            Thurles
                            Pairc Ui Chaoimh ( only if revdeveloped)

Haven't heard anything about Fitzgerald Stadium. Doesn't meet the stadium criteria at present.

This is at least 10 years away and probably longer if the truth be known.
                            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

What about Fraher Field and Walsh Park ?
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Working...
                              X