Inside Stuart Lancaster's England - podcast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside Stuart Lancaster's England - podcast

Morning all, this aired on BBC 5 Live last night, caught the tail end of it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lspecials

Have a listen if you are interested, but it strikes me that England may have an Eddie' O'Sullivan on their hands.
    And in fairness during the discussion on the Rugby show Matt Dawson called it out. Reckons he's too structured and has excuses for everything. Probably a bit too early to draw a conclusion, but the similarities are there IMO.

Interesting listening.

Were ducks; bells or stalls mentioned?
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Nah, there was mention of arms around the shoulders, using all available time, structure to the day etc etc etc

Comment

Hes nothing like eddie o sullivan.. and matt dawson is a notorious muppet! Too structured??? doubt that.. needs a better backs coach like us and needs to drop some of the dead weight that has clambered back on the england team..
        "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Think he has done a super job. Think back to what he took over, with shambolic discipline etc. There was a major bursting of bubbles last saturday evening but he had barely put a foot wrong up to that point. Has surrounded himself with good people too, Catt is excellent IMO and Id love to see him involved with Ireland.

Comment

Oh, and BTW, those 5 live podcasts are absolutely outstanding listening. There was one late last year with Lancaster, Farrell & Catt where they went through what they had done, and what they planned to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
              Think he has done a super job. Think back to what he took over, with shambolic discipline etc. There was a major bursting of bubbles last saturday evening but he had barely put a foot wrong up to that point. Has surrounded himself with good people too, Catt is excellent IMO and Id love to see him involved with Ireland.
              Where do you think Lancaster would have been if England had lost to NZ on the first of december? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good, straight enough fella but the English press did not want him having the job in the first place and it would only take a few losses in the autumn to see him under fierce pressure. I also suspect that the Farrells will come to make his job very difficult. The younger out kicked ROG in Dublin which is not that great an achievement anymore (sad to say) and apart from that offered very little, apart from off the tee, in the whole tournament. If Burns kicks off next season in cracking form will Lancaster drop Farrell? A tricky situation all around I suspect.

Comment

Fair points, but they did beat NZ. Perhaps a lucky general. The Farrell situation is a serious conflict alright

Comment

Originally posted by bobbin View Post
                  Fair points, but they did beat NZ. Perhaps a lucky general. The Farrell situation is a serious conflict alright
                  The English press just make the coaches job so fecking hard for them.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                    The English press just make the coaches job so fecking hard for them.
                    Except the ones they cream over! Brian Ashton and Martin Johnson got huge forgiveness for all their faults off the english media... they are just praying for an excuse to tear lancaster down!
                    "I can't say, I'm the referee, I'm not your coach" - Romain Poite

Comment

Working...
                    X