Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Schmidt answer the call.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Joe Schmidt answer the call.

    Only 1 man for the job and that's Joe Schmidt. Charge your phone Joe because unless the blazers have another dose of amnesia you'll be getting a phone call very soon.

    #2
    Has to get the job.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
      Only 1 man for the job and that's Joe Schmidt. Charge your phone Joe because unless the blazers have another dose of amnesia you'll be getting a phone call very soon.
      Hopefully that will happen but the bookies already got Les Kiss as favourite which is worrying or they might even pick Bradley as he's free and cheap...

      Comment


        #4
        Schmidt does not want the Job, he will see out his Leinster gig and head home.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
          Schmidt does not want the Job, he will see out his Leinster gig and head home.
          Can you put that up in lights please so the penny drops with some of the posters.
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
            Schmidt does not want the Job, he will see out his Leinster gig and head home.
            Doubling his pay packet could change that very quickly. His kids are in school here aswell. I certainly wouldn't see that as gospel.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
              Can you put that up in lights please so the penny drops with some of the posters.
              Silly to assume that based on some rubbish produced by Irish journalists. Money changes things very quickly.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                Doubling his pay packet could change that very quickly. His kids are in school here aswell. I certainly wouldn't see that as gospel.
                I would. His pay packet will not be doubled because the Union is bust, simple as that.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                  Silly to assume that based on some rubbish produced by Irish journalists. Money changes things very quickly.
                  You know the Union is broke right?
                  I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                    I would. His pay packet will not be doubled because the Union is bust, simple as that.
                    Stadium is almost paid off so they're not actually as bad as people think. One sure way of losing money is not hiring the right man for the sake of 200K. If the Irish team continue to under perform then they will lose many multiples of that through attendances/sponsorship and they will be very aware of this.

                    Look at the Welsh union to see a union in dire financial state.
                    Last edited by Tobyglen; 17th-March-2013, 10:39.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Les Kiss? The Kiss of Death to our rugby hopes more like!!
                      Mumha Abu

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                        Stadium is almost paid off so they're not actually as bad as people think. One sure way of losing money is not hiring the right man for the sake of 200K. If the Irish team continue to under perform then they will lose many multiples of that through attendences/sponsorship and they will be very aware of this.
                        They are as bad as people think. Why do you think that they are reducing the number of central contracts ? Leaving Sexton move on, and they will do the same with others if they want to play hardball for cash, the union just does not have the readies to simply double a coaches paypacket . Aside from that , Any new coach coming in should be completely fresh and not have been exposed to the whims of the IRFU, Schmidt has had enough from that side of things and according to well placed sources that work on a daily basis with him, he is off.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                          Stadium is almost paid off so they're not actually as bad as people think. One sure way of losing money is not hiring the right man for the sake of 200K. If the Irish team continue to under perform then they will lose many multiples of that through attendances/sponsorship and they will be very aware of this.

                          Look at the Welsh union to see a union in dire financial state.
                          Schimdt wants to go home. Cest la vie.

                          He will not work within the current structure we have where amateurs run the show.
                          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                            I would. His pay packet will not be doubled because the Union is bust, simple as that.
                            The consolidated Income and Expenditure Account of the IRFU for the year ended 30th April 2012 shows a surplus of €10,759,306 (2011 €6.865,761). They are far from broke.

                            http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/I...011-2012v2.pdf

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Les Kiss! Sweet suffering Jesus. Bradley! FFs. We would be better off letting the team pick and coach themselves than either of those.
                              Schmidt would be the best option but it is NOT going to happen. He has stated he wants to leave at the end of his contract. Word is that he does not get on with the Blazers( no any good would). I can see kidney being retained.
                              Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X