• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland - North America Summer Tour 2013

v USA Sat June 8th in Houston
    v Canada Sat June 15th Toronto
    v Canada Sat June 22nd Vancouver

Some may not be looking forward to this more than others...i am as im going to first two tests

Personally id like to see a young squad travel (under 25 or 26 ).Without guessing who won't be going due to the Lions.....i can't see the sense in bringing some of the older crew on tour..such as Doc, Ross, Darcy, etc etc...

Without judging if the matches will tell us much or not and trying to stay positive id like to see a squad that included;

Kilcoyne. Jack mc Grath Strauss. Sherry. Cronin Archer. Bent Henderson. Ryan (c)Toner POM Jordi Murphy Rhys Ruddock.

Murray. Marmion PMarshall Jackson Madigan Keatley

Henshaw mcSharry. Luke Marshall O malley Luke Fitzgerald mcfadden Cave Gilroy Zebo

whilst im sure list is not complete...that is generally the jist of what id like to see.Those who see more Rabo than i would maybe know more names...eg I've heard Ulster lads talk about young mc'alister as prop etc etc

Maybe there is room for players like Bowe Ferris etc who might getting over injury?

And if Kidney is gone....mike Rudduck would be ideal candidate as interim to take youngish team on tour given he's probably coached most of them.Any thoughts on who you like to see travel? or the age profile of the squad?

Good news from USA rugby...the Houston game will be sell out.
    Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 10th-March-2013, 12:55.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Sorry for lack of spaces....can't seem to correct it.

edit....seems a little better now.
    Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 10th-March-2013, 12:20.
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

If DK is gone beforehand and there is a new full time coach I'd want a good mix of young and experienced players who will be there for the next 2 years so that he can educate them on his gameplan expectations etc - If not then a young inexperienced squad with everyone getting 60 mins minimum

Kilcoyne, McAllister, McGrath, Strauss, Sherry, Cronin, Fitzpatrick, Archer, Loughney
      McCarthy, Henderson, Touhy, Toner
      POM, Ruddock, TOD, J Murphy, Henry
      Murray, Marshall, Marmion
      Jackson, Madigan
      Marshall, McSharry, Cave, McFadden, Henshaw, Zebo, Luke, Earls, Gilroy

Comment

ok so i forgot Tuohy

TOD a good call too...

i can see merit in Henry going also..

As i said...average under 25 would be good.
        Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 10th-March-2013, 12:57.

Comment

depending upon injuries there's more of those younger guys who might make the Lions trip. If Zebo, Marshall and Gilroy are fit they've a shot at the tour.

I agree though, make it what it should be, a dev tour but with full caps to ramp up a bit more pressure and see how they do.
          \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
            depending upon injuries there's more of those younger guys who might make the Lions trip. If Zebo, Marshall and Gilroy are fit they've a shot at the tour.

I agree though, make it what it should be, a dev tour but with full caps to ramp up a bit more pressure and see how they do.

Full caps are being awarded for these 3 games( just for your info)

Comment

Put Strings on the plane and get him to the ton
              I am the million man.

Comment

For comparison the kind of squad Deccie brought to the same place during the last Lions tour. Surprisingly few actually pushed on from that and plenty of them are still waiting for their international chance.
                Though we had a huge amount of Lions that year so we should be able to send over something a lot stronger this time.

IRELAND Squad (North American Tour, 2009):
                Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) (capt)
                Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
                Ryan Caldwell (Dungannon/Ulster)*
                Bob Casey (London Irish)
                Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)*
                Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
                Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)*
                Ian Dowling (Shannon/Munster)*
                Gavin Duffy (Galwegians/Connacht)
                Chris Henry (Ballymena/Ulster)*
                Denis Hurley (Cork Constitution/Munster)*
                Ian Keatley (Galwegians/Connacht)*
                Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                Keith Matthews (Galwegians/Connacht)*
                John Muldoon (Buccanneers/Connacht)*
                Barry Murphy (UL Bohemians/Munster)
                Niall O'Connor (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)*
                Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                Eoin Reddan (London Wasps)
                Niall Ronan (Shannon/Munster)*
                Mike Ross (Harlequins)*
                Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
                Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster)
                Bryan Young (Ballymena/Ulster)
                Last edited by Dowlinz; 10th-March-2013, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                  v USA Sat June 8th in Houston
                  v Canada Sat June 15th Toronto
                  v Canada Sat June 22nd Vancouver

Some may not be looking forward to this more than others...i am as im going to first two tests

Personally id like to see a young squad travel (under 25 or 26 ).Without guessing who won't be going due to the Lions.....i can't see the sense in bringing some of the older crew on tour..such as Doc, Ross, Darcy, etc etc...

Without judging if the matches will tell us much or not and trying to stay positive id like to see a squad that included;

Kilcoyne. Jack mc Grath Strauss. Sherry. Cronin Archer. Bent Henderson. Ryan (c)Toner POM Jordi Murphy Rhys Ruddock.

Murray. Marmion PMarshall Jackson Madigan Keatley

Henshaw mcSharry. Luke Marshall O malley Luke Fitzgerald mcfadden Cave Gilroy Zebo

whilst im sure list is not complete...that is generally the jist of what id like to see.Those who see more Rabo than i would maybe know more names...eg I've heard Ulster lads talk about young mc'alister as prop etc etc

Maybe there is room for players like Bowe Ferris etc who might getting over injury?

And if Kidney is gone....mike Rudduck would be ideal candidate as interim to take youngish team on tour given he's probably coached most of them.Any thoughts on who you like to see travel? or the age profile of the squad?

Good news from USA rugby...the Houston game will be sell out.
                  I'm heading to the Toronto game too.
                  To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                    For comparison the kind of squad Deccie brought to the same place during the last Lions tour. Surprisingly few actually pushed on from that and plenty of them are still waiting for their international chance.
                    Though we had a huge amount of Lions that year so we should be able to send over something a lot stronger this time.
                    No Leinster players made that part of the tour because of their involvement in the HCup Final. There was more of return from the Churchill Cup (played after the N.American tour). The team that played in the final of the Churchill Cup with the regular players now highlighted.

IRELAND 'A': Felix Jones (Seapoint/Leinster); Denis Hurley (Cork Constitution/Munster), Fergus McFadden (UCD/Leinster), Keith Matthews (Buccaneers/Connacht), Johne Murphy (Leicester Tigers); Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster), Isaac Boss (Ballymena/Ulster); Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster), Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht), Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster), Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster), Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster), Neil Best (Northampton Saints) (capt), Niall Ronan (Shannon/Munster), Chris Henry (Ballymena/Ulster).

Replacements used: Niall O'Connor (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) for Henry (44 mins), John Muldoon (Galwegians/Connacht) for O'Connor (52), Denis Fogarty (Cork Constitution/Munster) for Cronin (63), Bryan Young (Ballymena/Ulster) for Healy, Trevor Hogan (Blackrock College/Leinster) for Toner, Simon Keogh (Old Belvedere/Leinster) for Boss, James Downey (Northampton Saints) for Matthews (all 75).

Comment

Will RTE cover it? Not live of course but in 2009 they did some sort of highlights show.

Comment

Will the June 28th test in Houston be played indoors, as Texas will be pretty hot then.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                          Will the June 28th test in Houston be played indoors, as Texas will be pretty hot then.
                          From looking at USA home internationals on youtube I don't think they have the facilities to play it indoors.

Comment

stadium in Houston "BBVA COMPASS STADIUM" is open air..

nicknamed The Oven for obvious reasons.

A reason if any not to bring ROG.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                              stadium in Houston "BBVA COMPASS STADIUM" is open air..

nicknamed The Oven for obvious reasons.

A reason if any not to bring ROG.
                              They sold out this in Texas! not exactly rugby heartland pretty impressive. Click image for larger version

Name:	i1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	2476383

Comment

Working...
                              X