Irelands best attacking back three

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irelands best attacking back three

Would you have kearney there? I think Zebo and Earls looked alot better attacking from fullback. Assuming bowe is still injured id have

15. Zebo
    14. Fitzgerald
    11. Gilroy

It seems people on this site have gone from underrating Fitzgerald for the years he was in vogue to now overrating him when he's not and injured most of the time. Bizarre.

Comment

I've always rated him. I think last time he was playing for Ireland he had his timing wrong, but was running some of the best lines ive seen a winger run.

Comment

11. Zebo 15. Earls 14. Bowe
        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RiB View Post
          I've always rated him. I think last time he was playing for Ireland he had his timing wrong, but was running some of the best lines ive seen a winger run.
          I don't think he's played enough rugby in the past 2 years to credibly put him ahead of Bowe, I have time for Fitz but he's had a very disjointed couple of years following on from woeful form in 2010/2011. Couldn't say with any sort of certainty that he's back at his best or will fulfill his previously thought potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
            It seems people on this site have gone from underrating Fitzgerald for the years he was in vogue to now overrating him when he's not and injured most of the time. Bizarre.
            Lions don't cap dummies in test games.

Skill-wise miles ahead of most of our backs. Its a question of whether he's recaptured his gas. Hard to say but the signs look good so far.
            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post

Skill-wise miles ahead of most of our backs. Its a question of whether he's recaptured his gas. Hard to say but the signs look good so far.
              Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	UgoMoyne_2201126.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	2476160
              Appreciate what you're saying but people really need to stop using the Lions as some sort of benchmark, there's been plenty of duds capped not to mention the fact that they lost the last 3 tours so there isn't a lot of credibility making these squads.
              Last edited by Dowlinz; 15th-February-2013, 16:54.

Comment

Absolutely, using the Lions as a benchmark is ridiculous. Some distinctly average players have worn test jerseys for the Lions - Lee Mears, Ross Ford, Riki Flutey to name just three from the last tour alone.
                \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                  11. Zebo 15. Earls 14. Bowe
                  Earls at 15, gimme a break.
                  \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                  Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
                    Earls at 15, gimme a break.
                    As an attacking back three there's a strong argument for it, imo. He caused England terrible trouble from there.

It's defensively that there would be question marks.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Bowe Zebo Payne....
                      Last edited by NotreDameRFC; 15th-February-2013, 17:22. Reason: this post only becomes valid Oct 2013 :)
                      "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                        As an attacking back three there's a strong argument for it, imo. He caused England terrible trouble from there.

It's defensively that there would be question marks.
                        Never mind that, his whole skillset would be a worry (catching, last line of defence, kicking, link up play)...I LOVE the guy as a winger and that's where he should focus from now on imho!
                        Dalai Lama

Comment

Agree ND with Payne, as soon as is IQ i'd have him in 13 for us, class act

At the moment our most potent back 3 would be Gilroy Zebo Fitzgerald

Comment

Bowe,Kearney,Zebo.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameRFC View Post
                              Bowe Zebo Payne....
                              This is my immediate thought also..... Payne fullback... Correctamundo??
                              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X