X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

healy cited

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21417568

Not sure if it was really that bad. Think it was more a case of him thinking the ball was there, as it wasn't visible.
    Would be surprised if he gets more than a week for this.
    is a pity as he's playing great stuff, how he kept going yesterday for as long as he did was amazing, he took some amount of punishment

Comment

It was dirty, it was deliberate, and he deserves a ban.
      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

I think it was a clear case of getting sick of Cole constantly lying on the floor and interfering, it was only 20 minutes and he'd been doing it repeatedly (who knows what usual nonsense had gone on in the scrums) and so he decided to do something to make him stop it. Pretty clear Cole's leg was flapping about blocking Murray, Healy stamped it down, will get a ban, referee clearly understood why happened since he didn't card him for a stamp that couldn't be seen as anything else. His own stupidity because he comfortably proved himself so far as the best LH around and may have cost himself a Lions tour. Especially with Rowntree as forwards coach - we saw 4 years ago he'll take every opportunity to pick his England mates, even if it is to the detriment of the Lions.
        \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Major TNT View Post
          Not sure if it was really that bad. Think it was more a case of him thinking the ball was there, as it wasn't visible.
          Would be surprised if he gets more than a week for this.
          is a pity as he's playing great stuff, how he kept going yesterday for as long as he did was amazing, he took some amount of punishment
          I think theres been alot made of it too tbh. The pundits are losing the run of themselves. I think that the English were slowing down the ball alot in the ruck illegally by swingng legs (ala Haskell) and healy jsut got frustrated. Imo it was deserved as the person in the ruck knew what they were doing swinging their leg around and I think Healy just got frustrated with these tactics being used

Comment

He's lucky he was only cited for one incident. He also went into the ruck, fist first.

Comment

Bring in the killer !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shanners View Post
                He's lucky he was only cited for one incident. He also went into the ruck, fist first.
                few shots like that from players on both sides went on that didn't get the attention, one incident with another Irish player being caught from behind with a swinging forearm when face down in a ruck that didn't get the level of attention - don't think this second one would getting as much air time if not for the stamp.
                \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

I really cannot believe people are trying to justify this.

Stamping on a joint is dirt, pure and simple. Healy had every chance to rake Cole, on the thigh, or calf, and instead chose to stamp on his ankle.

There is no excuse or justification for that. It is trying, deliberately, to injure an opponent; if it were Hartley or Lawes did it, we'd be going insane. Well, it was as bad as you'd see from that pair.

No excuses. He deserves eight weeks for it; he can count his lucky stars he will almost certainly get less and that his cheap shot won't cost him a Lions.
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

We saw what happened to TOL when someone stamps (absolutely accidentally in TOL's case) on such a fragile & flexible area of the body. Sure he was frustrated we can all understand that, I get frustrated at work as well sometimes but I can't go and lamp someone a smack, but Healy is a big lad he can do a lot of damage with such an action. Cole may have been acting the maggot but he does not deserve to have his livelihood threatened. I would be surprised if Healy plays any further part in this season's 6N.
                    I am one of the 5 clowns woo hoo

Comment

Somebody could have died!
                      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Spare a thought for young Healy, the boy knows he done wrong.
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Listen, it ain't the end of the world but he deserves a ban. He could have rakes Cole elsewhere but saw red and stamped on his ankle.

To suggest he may miss the Lions tour as a result is complete folly! A banker.
                          \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
                          Dalai Lama

Comment

Mid range on this is 5 weeks, which may be halved based on his good record .So 2-3 weeks should be roughly what he will get.

Comment

Something very similar to Rog's attack, I'd say 4 weeks
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Working...
                              X