Poor rugby w/e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor rugby w/e

Was this the worst w/e of six nations rugby ever ? Three poor games. Never seen so many errors. Pitch in Paris a disgrace. blah blah

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
    Was this the worst w/e of six nations rugby ever ? Three poor games. Never seen so many errors. Pitch in Paris a disgrace. blah blah
    Have to agree totally I watched four games and only the last twenty five minutes of Munster match was entertaining. Today wad like a flash back to the 90s.
    Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Would say it was just as well last weekend was so good or there'd be questions about this tournaments quality value.

Comment

Round 1 was great and every team scored at least two tries. The whole of round two was simply abject.
        If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

No,'decent enough weekend. If the pros with proper stones played then there would be a grand slam

Comment

Originally posted by leftwinger View Post
            was it down to the weather?
            The turn around in watchable rugby is really quite profound.
            For me the only highlight has been the emergence of stuart hogg's talent.
            I don't think anyone has scored a try per game in the 6nations..? have they?
            anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mtcmolloy View Post
              was it down to the weather?
              The turn around in watchable rugby is really quite profound.
              For me the only highlight has been the emergence of stuart hogg's talent.
              I don't think anyone has scored a try per game in the 6nations..? have they?
              anyone?
              Weather ???? Dont think so. While it does'nt help, the handling errors by us yesterday were inexcusable for this level. England managed to hold onto the same ball . Pitch in Paris was a joke but that cannot be an excuse for the clueless french performance. Italy just reverted to being Italy, probably hungover from the previous week.

Comment

since I was advised not to bother watching france v Wales or Scotland v Italy I'm going to claim Ireland v England in the WOMENS 6 nations was the best game of the weekend
                Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Quins V Wasps wasn't too bad. And Glawster's win at Saints was enjoyable. But for me, the Todgers V Ospreys game at Ravenhill was by some distance the best game of the weekend.
                  New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                    Quins V Wasps wasn't too bad. And Glawster's win at Saints was enjoyable. But for me, the Todgers V Ospreys game at Ravenhill was by some distance the best game of the weekend.
                    I am sure the result pleased you OD, Bevington's try was a real highlight of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      I am sure the result pleased you OD, Bevington's try was a real highlight of the weekend.
                      From a Leinster perspective a Todgers' win would have been the better outcome. But the O's fully-deserved win did please me, and I was really impressed with their defensive performance - especially with the counter-ruck that KO'd poor Pienaar!
                      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Agree on the Ulster game, it was hard-fought at least. Second half of Munster v Edinburgh was reasonable fare. The women's game was very enjoyable as much for the manner and significance of the victory as for the victory itself. Due to watching that I missed a lot of Scotland v Italy, but what I did see wouldn't have inspired anyone to take up the game. Ireland-England was poor, with one side playing no rugby and the other trying and failing to do so. But Wales-France was possibly one of the worst games I've ever seen - at one stage players from both sides were just standing around aimlessly, even though play had not been stopped. I honestly can't remember seeing a game where there was such disinterest among the actual "competitors".
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Scotland-Italy was reasonable, France-Wales was just terrible and Ireland-England was a predictable dong fight (it was never going to be a classic with the weather as it was, but England took the fight to Ireland and neither team looked great).

Comment

Originally posted by syriana View Post
                            Scotland-Italy was reasonable, France-Wales was just terrible and Ireland-England was a predictable dong fight (it was never going to be a classic with the weather as it was, but England took the fight to Ireland and neither team looked great).
                            I think I was watching another match thankfully
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

It may or may not have improved the fare last weekend but its high time the 6Ns guys introduced a Bonus Point system that has just about improved every other rugby competition on the planet. The fact that they are holding to an old out moded format promotes some old out moded ways of playing and winning games IMHO and this is a fully preventable farce IMHO.

Also after forking out circa 450m euros for a 50,000 seater stadium where the IRFU already had the site, would it have been too much to ask to get all seats covered from the rain in a country where it rains every other day in the rugby season???

Also being able to see the ball when thrown into the lineout on the other touchline from all seats (rather than trying to look through oversized looking structural steel struts) not to mind chips and punts would have been a fairly close second criteria. I hate to be down on the IRFU, they have done a lot of great things in last 10-15 years but that stadium is crap, sorry.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Working...
                              X